Feb 22, 2017

DIY Deodorant....

I have finally found a deodorant I really like here .... It is so fresh, clean smelling & best of all .....detoxifying....
and it lasts for hours...I have tried a few others & they were ok but this one is my favorite.... this is incredible simple to make...15 mins tops... & there are no worries about aluminum or other nasty chemicals...

Most of these ingredients are household items for me...

3 TBS Arrowroot- which absorbs perspiration

2 TBS Baking soda -neutralizes PH &  body odor

6 TBS organic Coconut oil- antibacterial


2 TBS Bentonite Clay- this is a powerful healing clay which absorbs toxins, heavy metals & chemicals. It also gets oxygen to the cells... it is odorless, non staining & has a velvet like texture... 

(I was out of Bentonite Clay so  I used French Green Clay this time...this clay has powerful properties... according to Mountain Rose herbs " It literally "drinks" oils, toxic substances & impurities from your skin"  it also is great for toning your skin as well... so far I have had problems with staining with the green. )   

A couple drops of Vit E oil- great for the skin & helps to keep your product form going rancid...

Just mash up the coconut oil then add the rest of the ingredients & mix until smooth... then put in a jar...now I just have to design a label for the jar!!  This makes about 3-4 ozs & will last you a very long time...

I guarantee you will never buy processed deodorant again after trying this... it is wonderful!! 

Think Healthy!



7 comments:

Méa Strauß said...

Linda, I have tried a quite similar recepie, it worked perfect, but I ended up with stains on the shirt from the coconutoil in summer.
I hope it workes for you better, as is indeed an alternative - if there wouldn´t be those oily stains...
Greetings from Méa

Jackie P Neal said...

I never had made anything like this before, but willing to give it a go! I have a terrible time with wetness,and have tried almost every deodorant there is- most times i just do without, so this would be a plus! Thank Linda!
xo Jackie
ps..smells and feels like spring here this morn, hoping it returns soon for us all!

Linda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Linda said...

Mea... so far I haven't had any problems with the coconut oil but I am going to get some Bentonite Clay to make a jar for summer whites...tho the green clay hasn't stained any of my clothes I am not sure about whites so why take a chance..:)

Jackie....so far this has worked great on wetness...the clay, baking soda & arrowroot does a great job...I think you will like this...let me know...it feels like Spring here too...my windows are open!! I love it..

Have a great day!! XO

Lady of the Woods said...

Hi Linda, I also make one similar to this and for years it works beautifully, only coconut oil, baking soda and cornstarch and essential oil. I will use bentonite clay next time, I'm very much into clay these days for everything from toothpaste to drinking it daily. Blessings.

Holly said...

I make my deodorant like Lady of the Woods, and will try it with clay the next go around. I would probably like a thicker texture since it melts on contact. Thanks for the recipe, I loved the fire cider recipe also and copied it to make a batch.

Méa Strauß said...

Thank you for your reply, dear Linda :))

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...