Nov 4, 2016

DIY Friday- The Cupboard

This is one of my projects this summer....a cupboard from an old window...it is made from some of the boards we got from the chicken shed... 
The Hubby cut the boards to length....I cleaned up the window & repainted it as well as re-chalked the window panes...
The only expense was the tissue paper I bought at Zazzle to decoupage the back of the cupboard....everything else we had on hand...
The bottles (yard sale finds) are still in process of being filled...
The hinges came from an old door that was given to us...Aren't they gorgeous...& free ...
Makes for a nice addition to the bath...
& compliments the lace curtain I made from doilies...... its my one white room in the house where I indulge the shabby chic-ness...It looks so amazing in candlelight but I can't get a good pic of it...so you'll have to use your imagination till I get my camera...maybe Santa will take pity on me this year...(wink)  
Have a great weekend everyone...
Linda  



8 comments:

Méa Strauß said...

Linda, it looks so beautiful! And it is even worth more, that you (almost) created it out of nothing. The hinges make it spectacular and the window, well it just told me, it feels so proud now to serve in this new way.
Your curtain is pure romance an such a sweet idea.
And you know, what is so funny?? I did a cupboard too :)!
I think, cupboards have to be posted in November, hahaha :))
Happy greetings, Méa

susanjmb said...

This is wonderful. I'd be sitting in that bathroom all day just to look at the cabinet...and thinking about what I would put in those jars!

Kathy said...

I love it...great job! I have a lot of old windows, maybe I can
talk my hubby into doing something similar. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hawthorn Spellweaver said...

Oh that is gorgeous! Certainly compliments the doily curtains :)

Linda said...

Thanks everyone...it was fun to make...& it is fun filling the bottles!! Glad you liked it... :)

Andrea said...

Gasp! I adore it! What a beautiful and soulful piece, all the more so as it's made up of salvaged bits. Ya'll have groovy vision!

Babylon Sisters said...

Hi Linda! I love everything about this post - we've all missed your inspiration!

Holly said...

This turned out so dreamy! I love the doily curtain and shutters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...