Apr 10, 2016

Natural Flea Powder...

Its that time of year...fleas ticks...
I hate putting flea medicine on my Yorkie...
 so this year I tried this....all natural, easy to make...
This will probably last him all season... a little goes along way but for bigger dogs I would make a double batch...just sprinkle on & rub in against the hair....  So far so good....I was picking at least two or three ticks from him but since I have used this I haven't seen any....  I found the recipe here ...she does a great write-up on the ingredients which explains how each product works...
Natural Flea Powder Recipe
1 Cup Food grade Diatomaceous Earth- buy it here
1/2 cup Neem powder- buy it here
1/2 cup Yarrow Powder- buy it here ..I make my own in the summer....just dry the flower & leaves & process into powder...
20 drops Eucalyptus EO - buy it here
(omit  the EO if you are making this for cats)

2 comments:

Jackie P Neal said...

Thanks for reposting this Linda! Yes, it is that time of year again, and my Chum has been out traipsing around like he is king of the forest! heehee
Hope all is well-sending hugs,Jackie

Linda said...

Yes it is that time....it is finally warming up here which is nice but it also means the bugs are awakening too.... I need to make more for my Yorkie....this worked pretty good for him.... Things are good here...Hope they are for you too... :) Have a great weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...