Feb 29, 2016

Taking Care of Yourself...

Hello everyone....I have been away TOO long.... I'll chalk it up to the Winter... We have been busy with laying floors...clearing out things...we are hoping to start our move this year...next week we lay another floor down...February was a rough month..I had two Wisdom teeth pulled & one was infected but my Dr thought most of it was gone...but a few days later the infection flared right up & despite the holistic remedies I tried it wasn't going away... so a trip to emergency & then back to the dentist ended with nursing my mouth for two weeks... Not a real pleasant time but I am glad it happened now  not in the summer when we will be busy... So I played on Pinterest ( lots of blog post ideas), put together a family photo album & had some marathons with Game Of Thrones & Home Fires...

But one thing that did happen, solidified how important that I set my boundaries & take care of myself... especially when it comes to health... you cannot allow anyone to make you feel guilty for putting yourself first.......I spent many years, more than I can count, placating others & putting health issues last....I suffered from debilitating migraines & eventually cancer...I believe much of it came from people pleasing behavior...& believe me, most of the time the people could care less about your health....  So.......
I thought I would start March with a reminder post about the importance of taking care of yourself....  Here are my top five.....

 # 1    Say No!!  by saying no you set your boundaries.... & screw guilt....that is coming from others unhappiness....You do not have to buy into it....Will it make you popular.....No.....but your mental physical & spiritual health will  be better.... those that support your decisions will support you....


#2  Take a Detox Bath at least a couple times a month....I follow the Moon cycles...so on the New & Full Moon I have my rituals which include a detox bath...this month I started with Pink Himalayan Rock Salt....they are wonderful....just remember to drink a big glass of water during the bath....
# 3 Meditate....if you can do this outside even better!! Nothing calms & focuses me like meditation.... I am a reactionary person....I recognize that in myself & over the last few years I have been working on that....  I sometimes I find that after a meditation I come to the conclusion that no reaction can also speaks volumes while not condoning bad behavior you can understand where that person may be in their lives.. 

#4  Exercise....for me its Yoga... I do a specific Mantra while I do my favorite poses... " So Hum "...because it is similar to breathing...very rhythmic...it is a wonderful meditation as well... But above all Yoga is calming for me...life is better even after a few minutes of poses....I had to post this beautiful video....this is my inspiration....

#5 Walk in Nature...every chance you get....I try to get out in the woods every day...Thankfully this winter in Maine has been mild & so the pups & I have been fortunate to walk almost every day...Nothing is more calming to me...

These are just a few things I try to follow...using the Moon cycle to renew the goals & keep me on track....along with a new adventure into an Ayurveda diet which I'll tell you how I do with that later...
And remember....

Peace my friends....

6 comments:

Lady of the Woods said...

yes, Linda, yes and yes. I decided to do this again too, am doing a series of posts about this. I look forward to seeing yours.
Love the yoga video, cool music and great inspiration. Am following by email now instead of blogroll as I miss those sometimes....love the "follow by email" feature :D:D:D

Linda said...

Thanks Serena....I look forward to reading yours as well...I think many people are starting to think like this...Hope all is well..<3

Holly said...

This post is perfect and speaks to me in so many ways. I'm finding balance between rest and repairing my home. May march bring you joy in all areas of your life.

Donna Phelan said...

Hi Linda, love your posts ......hope we can connect after all these years.

Méa Strauß said...

Oh Linda, we are so alike. I was so into looking after others, I almost completely wracked myself. Migrain, Cancer... I had to learn to say no too. And in this time I found out a heavy betrayal from the one human, I trusted most in life. So I learned ti have trust and faith in ME. It starts working, but it is still an wiggeling legs. My stubborness and values help me.
I hope, you will get stronger every day, now after imbolc, the energy of the year is rising and will flow through you.
Get well soon, poor Linda (teeth-ache is... oiiiiii...), I know, there will be lots of pictures of a new life of yours :))
Have my Hugs, my Dear, Méa

Linda said...

Thanks ladies..I hope that this gives you a sense of not being alone...Donna...email me...:) Mea I understand about betrayal It comes in many ways but from those you trust most it is the hardest... Holly I agree & there is a lot of therapy in fixing up a home...even the smallest cracks can be repaired... <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...