May 31, 2015

The Return

Hello everyone...I have returned...what started off as a forced hiatus with my computer crashing just as the winter storms began turned into a  voluntary one from the tech world.... I have been reading Zen Habits for quite a while now & Leo Babauta has written on the subject of taking breaks from the Internet...so I decided that it was a good opportunity...it turned into a bit longer than intended but I have to tell you I really enjoyed it.....  I spent my time doing a lot more reading..... currently reading Rosemary Gladstar's, Herbal Recipes for Vibrant Health...... meditations & Yoga, journaling, lifestyle changes, streaming some favorite British series on Netflix & feeding the wildlife especially during those long storms... 


 So here is my DIY Friday project... on Sunday... my Smudge Fan... the handle comes from the woods & I carved vines & leaves on it. ,,,I also added a crystal to the handle... I am debating whether I like the streamers....The turkey feathers graciously provided by the flock of turkeys that hung out with us during the winter... They left me quite a few on the front lawn....

& they provided hours  of entertainment for us...this was the last time we saw the flock together  50 all together ...before they headed back into the woods & disbanded... It was quite a display...


Now the winter is over & the Perennials are blooming...like my Harrison Gold...an amazing antique rose..One thing about living in Maine the winters make you appreciate the beauty that comes after....I certainly am.... 

I will say I can deal with snow storms much better than floods & tornadoes that are occurring in the Midwest...Having lived in Oklahoma for a few years & experiencing tornadoes & dust-storms thankfully no floods....I can appreciate what they are going through...so I am keeping everyone in my thoughts & prayers that the storms are finally coming to an end... 

I am also happy to be back here as well....
refreshed & ready to share some of my thoughts, projects & changes.. ...


Blessings to all...Have a wonderful week...

11 comments:

Gothic Minerva said...

Welcome back, I have truly missed your posts, cause they inspire me so much!

Hugs, Jenny

Angelsdoor * Penny said...

Welcome back! Beautiful post this morning.. I truly enjoyed.
blessings,
Penny

Lady of the Woods said...

Hi Linda! So nice your hiatus and I totally understand how a short one becomes a long one, good for you. Your smudge fan is lovely and inspiring and simple enough that I may attempt one here with the feathers I have been finding on the grass. Rosemary Gladstar's book I have just entered yesterday into my car to buy as soon as I have the funds, but yes she is lovely. Have you made her Fire Cider? I am going to make it for my housemate who has sinus issues, and this may help him, as all my other herbal remedies do. Welcome back!

Bohemian said...

Welcome back... Love your Smudge Fan, I think it's perfect with the Turkey Feather Streamers. Sometimes breaks from anything can be a time of particular Restoration and coming back to Center, glad it was such an empowering experience for you. As I contemplate this Big Move I know I will shift to a Simpler Existence with more Focus upon enjoying what Nature provides and culling Stuff to a manageable level for me, I'm looking forward to that part of the Changes. We are now back to Summer Normal heats, got so Spoiled with the unseasonably Cooler Weather we've been Enjoying, so the high triple digits returning is a bit of a bummer. *LOL* Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Méa Strauß said...

WELCOME back - missed you here :)) Your spirit so necessary indeed.
Hugs from Méa out of Germany - in two days, so they say, summer will come to us here :)))

Babylon Sisters said...

SO glad you're back Linda! I'm glad you had a lovely no-tech break but I've really missed your posts xoMary

Luthien Thye said...

Hey you!! welcome back :) been missing you :)

My Grama's Soul said...

Welcome back Linda.......so glad you have returned.

xo

Jo

Aine said...

Welcome back. Living in New Brunswick, not far from you, I understand about the winters. Love the smudge stick.

sandra hagan said...

I've been away be design. Not from the internet. Editing my photos!

Your words stir something in me of a kindred.

The smudge fan.....compellingly beautiful!

The book seems interesting!

Thank you for sharing!

Linda said...

Thanks everyone...always wonderful to hear from all of you...You always lift my spirits with your wonderful comments...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...