Jan 22, 2015

Whipped Body Butter...

It has been my project month,....Instead of resolutions, I like to set long & short term goals...1 month, 3 month & 6 month.... I find I accomplish so much more doing it this way....
January is my "Finish the little projects by the 31st or get rid of them" ....These are small projects that have been hanging around waiting for me to get to them...

One of these projects was making this recipe of Body Butter I found here at Mama Dweeb... This time of year with the weather so cold & my skin dries out fast, especially my hands, so a little moisturizing help is called for....I just tweaked her recipe a bit ....adding my own Rose Oil instead...

Whipped Body Butter

1-3/4 cups Shea butter (unrefined is best)
1/2 cup Coconut oil (extra virgin is best)
1/4 cup organic Rose Oil
therapeutic grade Essential Oils

Measure out shea butter and coconut oil & melt over heat in a double broiler,( I put mine in the stainless bowl I did the whipping in after so it was one bowl start to finish).... put the bowl on a cutting board & let it cool for 30 minutes... then I stirred in my own Rose oil I made last summer & a few drops of  Patchouli EO...

You can cover it & put it in the freezer for about 20-30 minutes, or refrigerate for 1-2 hours which is what I did & did some chores while waiting...  the mixture will start to solidify but not completely harden, it will look like soft wax....  
Then I just whipped it up  until soft and fluffy & put it in these little jars I picked up after canning season...I made about 2.5 cups of butter....
It smells & feels heavenly.... 
the Hubby loved it so much he got a jar of it......

A couple of troubleshooting tips from Mama Dweeb :

"If the mixture won’t whip or stay whipped, you need to chill it longer.
If the mixture has lumps in it after you’ve whipped it, let it set to soften a bit and then try again.
Store in a cool area and if your home gets above 75°F regularly, you may want to keep it in the refrigerator.

Hopefully, I will have a little project that the Hubby helped me with to post tomorrow...
something for the wee folk...

2 comments:

Méa Strauß said...

Yeiii, another one :))) Thank you for the recipie (how the.. is this word written?)
I posted my sheabutter-crème two posts ago, so now I am ready try yours out :))
Ahhh, birds of a feather we are here, this is sooooo gooood. No industrial stuff, they wont get our money :)
And we will stay beautiful, yesss :)
Linda, I LOVE your blog, hugs to you, your follower Méa from Germany

hely fely said...

This is actually a fantastic blogs! More of these details are superb -it is nice to see one that current. FigurenKrüge

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...