Dec 16, 2014

Winter Terrarium- Part 3

 Well I finally got my container...with a sales coupon at Michael's  & I love it.... I put it together last week...& it seems to get greener & more lush with each passing day....So far it seems to be thriving in  the light from the East window...
It has three types of moss...some Baby's Tears. an Asparagus fern, Handmade wooden mushrooms by the Hubby. some rocks, Micah,  a couple of miniature quartz crystals & a wooden stick I call Merlin's Staff.

 I laid gravel first, then some  horticultural charcoal to absorb toxins, 
then organic potting soil with peat in it for the base.,...
 Now on to part 4 ....the wooden top...I am using a glass plate temporarily to keep the moisture in...
The Hubby is going to make it & I am thinking of carving on it...But that will have to wait until after the holidays....I am getting ready for the family Christmas party this Saturday so I am busy making gifts...some I will post later...& lots of cooking... Until then have a great week!! 

6 comments:

Méa Strauß said...

Oh, Linda, and outside the snow... What a beautiful idea... I love those wooden mushrooms, they are sooo cute. Once again, I can feel the atmosphere you are creating. Like it here :)))
Have a wonderful day, hugs from Germany, Méa

susanjmb said...

I am SO inspired to try a terrarium of my own now that I've seen yours. And the plate cover is temporary? I thought it was part of the finished project....and was thinking how beautiful it looked perched on the top! Merry Christmas!

laoi gaul~williams said...

you have totally inspired me to create one for my home~we have been busy de-cluttering, we have recycled pine board that we are using to make me a specific altar area and now this! wonderful thank you for being so inspiring :)

JackieP Neal said...

Wow! What a wonderful magical garden you have created!! And i love the wooden mushrooms- nice touch!
Merry Christmas to you and your kin!

Lady of the Woods said...

Hi Linda, its been a while. I love the terrarium, and even the plate cover is a new and lovely look. I am inspired to make one again, I believe I have all the materials right now, so will be a lovely project, thanks to you. hugs. Lady

Linda said...

Thanks Ladies for your comments..Glad you enjoyed this & got some inspiration from it... You'll love making these...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...