Dec 5, 2014

DIY Friday- Lampshade

Wow It has been awhile....sorry for the absence....things have been pretty hectic but then it all seemed to quiet down by Thanksgiving...& I actually have all my presents ready except for a couple more handmade ones the Hubby & I are making for family...It actually has been pretty nice this season but then I try not to go out into the stores too much which helps....

So I have this antique lamp...I love it but have had a hard time finding a shade I like....then by chance I put an old egg basket on it while moving things around.....

 Voila!!!  I found my shade,.,.,,, 
& it is wide enough to accommodate both lights...

So some left over black fabric ripped into one inch wide strips
 to weave through the bars.

& knotted together...
not too many lengths or it gets harder to weave....

 It is all tied so its a no-sew project....over & under...
I went back & tucked all the knots in, straightened some of the fabric
 & finished it off around the bottom...
& if you get tired of it you can  change it by pulling the strips out...

 The Hubby loves this...It  really gives off a nice mood lighting in the living room...
It is hard to tell in this picture but it looks like a fabric basket...& I really love the black....
& its recycled... 

An update on the Winter Terrarium....I put the moss in some potting soil while looking for a container & its thriving very well...But FINALLY I found a glass container I like at Michael's...I am getting it Sunday at the 20% off sale... So next week I will be posting the finished product... Stay tuned...

Have a great weekend!!

11 comments:

Méa Strauß said...

Linda, Bravo! If THIS is not a perfect idea (aaaand recycling!), what else?
Hugs to you my friend, Méa
tomorrow I will post your blue moon, one of you former posts.
We do not have blue moon tomorrow, but we will have full moon here - so it might be quite mystical :))

Linda said...

Full Moon here too...Great time to tie up loose ends.... Glad you liked the idea...my next one is a macrame shade...:)

JackieP Neal said...

Very creative and cool! Love the mood lighting look it gives off!
And I look forward to more about your plantings! ")

hely fely said...

It’s really very informative that I wanted ever, thanks for this. Böhmisches Glas

Gowtham Sundar said...

Very attractive and creative,this very awesome lighting effect and very cool thank you so much
for your blog
<a href=">http://www.bestandroidtrainingchennai.in>Best Android Training Center in chennai</a>

QTP training in chennai said...

Very creative idea and the attractive efforts that will be appreciated

DotNet training in chennai said...

Really awesome blog

Linda said...

Thanks..Glad you enjoy it...:) Always good to get feedback!

http://etltraininginchennai.in/ said...

ETL taining institute in chennai

Rajapriya R said...

nice and useful blog to everyone... thanks for sharing

java training in chennai | java training institute in chennai | java j2ee training in chennai | java j2ee training institute in chennai

Geetha Devi said...

Nice Blog to read
Android Training in Chennai | Best Android Training in Chennai | Best Android Training in Chennai with Placement

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...