Jun 20, 2014

DIY Friday- Spool Table, Part 1

Time for a DIY & I will throw in a Chicken Chronicle as well...It has been awhile since I have told you what the girls are up to....

I decided to make more than one table from the x-large spool I was given  a while back.... Originally I was going to use it in my craft room but the spool was just too big  to get in...it was going to have to come apart anyway so two tables seemed like a good idea... The Hubby  had a small metal fire pit that he was going to get rid of...so I snagged the bottom of it with the idea of making a table  to use by the big fire pit out front of our home.......

The crew was ready so time to get to work!!

The Hubby took the spool apart  & I attached the bottom to one spool end...The bottom was very loose so the Hubby welded the legs to the rings to give it better support...Then  it was time to sand the top ...
But then I noticed....
The crew had walked off the job...
apparently eating violet leaves & hunting for bugs was more interesting...Oh well...

After a good sanding,  I applied some coffee stain then a coat of Linseed Oil  as the wood very dry...Linseed Oil will saturate the wood which keeps it from drying out & cracking... After that dried, I put on a couple of coats of beeswax giving it some extra waterproofing as it will be outside.....
Recycled & simple....
& it got the girls seal of approval!!
But this is only Part 1...it is not quite finished....

Have a wonderful weekend!!
  

3 comments:

Sacred Keep said...

The table top is really special. I like the staining plus all your chickens are sweet
...:)...
blessings

Jema Rose - The Bohemian Girl said...

Looks great!!!

I miss having chickens,
we used to have some when I was
younger.

Hugs & Blessings

Luthien Thye said...

GASP!!!! I want a spool table too!!!! Always wanted one but definitely wouldn't fit in my tiny condo :(

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...