May 16, 2014

DIY Friday- Hypertuufa Projects...

I think the hypertufa containers are so cool...so organic...You can do so much with it...
I especially love the mushrooms...I am going to try some this year along with some containers... 
The recipe I am going to use is here
You can use so many differnt things for the shapes...just look at everything as a potential mold...
bowls, lamp shades, balloons , plastic balls...holes in the ground...it goes on... You can dip burlap in it & drape the material around things..
Here is a mushroom in progress...a .hole dug in the ground lined with plastic..Then a soda bottle used to shape the stem... 

Love the burlap on this one..
Love the Moon shape here...



Pinterest has a  huge resource of recipes & projects...The one thing I will add to mine is moss...
Gotta have the moss...
Happy Weekend everyone!!!

3 comments:

Sacred Keep said...

these are so delightful

...:)...
blessings

Linda Starr said...

yes some moss, I think it can be encouraged by putting yogurt and a small piece of moss on the form after it has aged for about three weeks; have yet to try it though, one of these days.

Linda said...

Yes I am trying that right now...I blended up the yogurt & moss & painted it on a cement birdbath...I am hoping it will take... I will post the pictures iof it works...fingers crossed :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...