Mar 30, 2014

Indigo...

What the color of our bedroom walls will be....I have mostly white or cream colors walls in the house...Now I have decided to go outside my comfort zone.,.. The Hubby loves this idea...& We both love this aged Indigo color so it works out well.....The walls in this photo are what I have in mind...with much different & more minimalist furnishings...
Studies have shown that you sleep better & longer in blue rooms which in turn help prevent depression....  So it seems that blues actually keep you from getting the blues......
So the walls will be an aged looking indigo...lots of texture... 
but on one wall I am doing a raised design...similar to this...
just so its presence will be a slight hint...I am not sure what design I will use yet...but I have a few ideas..
So this past week I have cleared out the room that will eventually be the bedroom.....
We were also given enough wood that I think we will be able to lay down a floor...happy dance here...
I will be posting before & after pictures...I am excited to try this...

Here are a few of the images that inspired me to choose Indigo in the first place... ....


Have a great week everyone!

8 comments:

Rubye Jack said...

Indigo will be beautiful!
One of my favorite room colors was a very light yellow for a studio I lived in down in the SF Mission. If I had my own place I would do the yellow and perhaps indigo in the next room.

turquoisemoon said...

When I paint my bedroom again...I will be a copycat and do indigo. I love it!!!

susanjmb said...

I so look forward to seeing your before and afters!

Jess said...

Oh those blues are gorgeous! You're room is going to look amazing, I can't wait to see it.
Jess x x

Jema Rose - The Bohemian Girl said...

Indigo is a beautiful shade of blue I think!

Hugs & blessings from Jenny

<3

Bohemian said...

I'm Loving that Deep Indigo so much that I'm considering it for the Studio Cottage Bedroom Wall Color during this Makeover. I have yet to get into that Room... not quite finished with the Main Room yet, but gave a Blog Reveal of the progress Today. Since Black and Red Walls were the predominant Choice in the Main Room of the Studio Cottage... I think Indigo for the Bedroom of it would be Perfect, thanks for the Inspiration... LOVING that first Imagine... everything about it actually!

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

laoi gaul~williams said...

lovely~go for it! our place is mostly pale greens, chalk greys and pale coffee and i only said the other week that we need to inject colour~my idea as a starter was to paint each door a different colour!

Linda said...

That is such a good idea!! just the doors...that is a good way of injecting color... Thanks for the support on this Ladies...just started painting & I am loving how it is coming out!! Can;t wait for the reveal!! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...