Mar 7, 2014

DIY Friday- Candles & Oak Apple Mandala

This week so been so productive I am still wondering if it actually happened...I decided for the New Moon I would post some furniture for sale that I have been procrastinating about... not that I wanted to keep any of it...just getting around to posting it on the sales sites...Well I did & every piece sold for the price I wanted.....YAH!!!  Plus we got to meet some really nice young people who were buying antiques to furnish their homes....This has opened up a lot of space for me.....
the energy is flowing!!

Now I am finishing up the projects I have started...I have this tendency to get three & four projects going at a time so I am stopping that...Meditation has shown me that your focus should be one thing at a time ....mindfulness...

Actually I came to that realization today about my projects while I was doing this Mandala Meditation on an Oak apple .....With the amount of multi-tasking today it is no wonder we have "monkey mind"...we have so much going on in our lives that nothing gets done & your mind clutter goes into overload ......So for me, this coming week is project clean-up....

I started with some easy ones today....Beeswax candles...I have had the supplies sitting there waiting...so when my GF Jeanette brought me a couple big boxes of old fashioned canning jars...(I am talking the big quart size!!  it was Christmas for me!! Thanks J ) & there were some jelly jars included in the lot that were perfect for candles...

The recipe I used was very simple...you can find it here
Natural, non toxic.... you can make alot of candles for the price...
& it is fun!!
I added my favorite scent Patchouli for the essential oil...
Now to enjoy!!  

Have a great weekend everyone!! 

Linda






7 comments:

Babylon Sisters said...

I have a big basket with all the candle-making things I've collected ready to go and it just hasn't gone yet. You're so right - focus!

Rubye Jack said...

Patchouli is my favorite also. :)
When I was younger I liked a bit of chaos, or what is commonly known as multi-tasking today, but nowadays things are so much more mellow when I can focus on only one thing at a time. Like, I used to try to read 4 or 5 books at a time. Now I stick to one.
Good to hear you were able to get your furniture sold.

Lady of the Woods said...

Great on the furniture! AND meeting cool people, how nice is that! :D I love this recipe, it never occurred to me I could mix beeswax with an oil and have a candle! duh...I must try this. thanks.

Linda said...

I should have mentioned that I made some of just pure beeswax & they did not burn that well so I found the one with the coconut oil...Burns so much better...I am keeping this recipe... :)

sandra hagan said...

Brilliant idea, great DIY, most everyone loves candles.

I read the instructions and it does seem easy enough. Just try to pay attention and go slow.

Thanks for thinking of us!

Ashling said...

One thing at a time? That's a great plan....I am feeling far too scattered at the moment and having alot of trouble with that concept!

Congrats on the furniture sale, too!

Linda said...

Glad you enjoyed it, everyone..:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...