Feb 17, 2014

The Magic of Mushrooms....



I have become a fan of the mushroom...years ago you could not have gotten me to eat one...but then I got cancer & discovered how beneficial they were in fighting the disease & keeping it away...

Miso soup with tofu, Shiitake mushrooms ( my fav), seaweed, carrots & broccoli was & still is a staple..all cancer fighting foods....I still enjoy this soup....in fact I made some today with sweet white miso tho I prefer barley miso over all...... I do not know of anything that tastes as earthy & natural as mushrooms do...
Just like hemp, they have been some of the most underused products of nature....But knowledge about the uses & benefits of  this star of Nature is fortunately is becoming more widespread now...
They are now being used to clean up some of our most destructive catastrophes in our environment... cleaning up toxins which would have taken hundreds of years can now be done in a few years with mushrooms...
Mycologists are suggesting the use of fungi in Japan to clean up & manage the Fukushima radiation crisis ...Lets hope they listen....Mushrooms are what breaks down the logs, stumps into that humus soil in the forests nourishing trees & in turn being nourished by trees to continue the cycle......  They really are magical....

My girlfriend & I were talking the other day about wild mushrooms & how we both would like to take a field class to learn to identify the different types....So we are going to do that this summer... Here is another video by Rosemary Gladstar that I think you will enjoy....
A big thanks to my daughter Melody for the use of her Forest Mushroom photos...


Sources





Enjoy some mushrooms today...

10 comments:

Jema Rose - The Bohemian Girl said...

I also love mushrooms, and I eat it much more often now than I used to do.

Hugs, Jenny

Babylon Sisters said...

Looking around my yard right now wondering where I could put some magical mushroom logs!!

susanjmb said...

Do you follow a macrobiotic lifestyle? If so, I wonder how you feel this may have helped your cancer situation. My 35 year old daughter is a 7 hear mesothelioma survivor. I'm CONSTANTLY trying to get her to understand that what she puts in her body is affecting her overall health. If you could offer me some suggestions to help her see things differently, I'd be SO grateful. Thanks for sharing this mushroom video. I've not heard of this person before, but found her delightful.

Linda said...

Hi Susan...I don't follow macrobiotic per say but I do use alot of the recipes,,,that is where I found out about the mushrooms...I am studying the vedic method now & have been slowing changing things...like no more cow's milk I only use coconut milk now...It is hard to tell someone how they should be living...it has to be their decision...I wouldn't say anything to her for awhile...especially where she is 35...I would do your own thing & share what you are doing...sometimes that makes a bigger impact... lead by example...that is my best advice... :) I hope that helps some...it is hard when it comes to our kids tho so I do understand... <3

XO

Linda said...

Mary.. I have my logs I just didn't get it going last fall I am ready this year.. I am going to stack mine instead of leaning them...:)

Jema I do the same...try to get them in every week... :)

susanjmb said...

Thanks Linda. I have been leading by example as I AM a strong believer in that way of doing things. Now I have to look up what the vedic method is. :-)
55686555

Linda said...

Start here...Chopra is my go to guy...:)
http://www.chopra.com/our-services/ayurveda

Rubye Jack said...

I love mushrooms and since I'm a big rice person I add them in all the time. I've been eating black rice - Lotus - since I found out about the arsenic in U.S. rice. Do you have any thoughts on black rice?

My Grama's Soul said...

I, also, love mushrooms....although, where I live I don't think we have any growing under our cactus! LOL LOL

xo

Jo

Linda said...

Time to hit the farmers Market Jo....LOL

Rubye... I have heard of it but never tried it...I will have to try that out...we love rice here too...I love organic long grain brown..I am watching out for arsenic too... Mushrooms rice & broccoli are a fav here....:D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...