Jan 7, 2014

Making a Statement....

I love statement chairs....they are not run of the mill....they say something..... about the owner & their lifestyle.... My favorite is the Wing-back....I have two... one made of Wicker in my Meditation room & this one...
  My Dad gave this one to me...He had started to reupholster her but never finished...now I will...Bohemian style... she is beat up a bit from life but still holds her head up...she has seen some travel & will see a bit more......but she is comforting & there when you need her....She wrapped my husband in comfort during his chemo treatments.....
Now it is time for some TLC for her......  a new cushion & face-lift in the front... new cover over the front of the arms...new skirt & back  but I will leave what my Dad had already upholstered......

I have tried for a long time to find out what kind of chair mine is.....She has enormous wings & is big & comfy... You sink into her when you sit... a favorite spot for a nap for my cat Shadow....

I finally was able to identify her over at One Kings's Lane resource center.....My chair comes closest to the styles of the Martha Washington wing-back chair.......

One Kings Lane is a great place to find information about furniture including the history behind it... as well as information on different makes, what style fits you, tips for taking care of chairs, covering them & decorating with them.....  There is also a great article there on incorporating a statement chair into your home ... ...tons of inspiration there.... Be sure to stop by for a visit.....

Here are a few statement chairs I like...



different color on the legs I think.... dark blue...
I love the non-color 
but it would have to be away from my pets with their barnyard feet I think...*wink*

Without a doubt, the Peacock Chair is definitely a statement for any Bohemian/Hippie abode...
What is your statement chair?

3 comments:

My Grama's Soul said...

Good morning Linda.....I, too, love statement chairs. It is so very special you have one handed down to you from your father. Can;t wait to see the finished product when you reupholster.

xo

Jo

Suzanne said...

I want a peacock char sooooooo bad!

I love your chair! It looks so cozy and full of memories.

laoi gaul~williams said...

i adore your beautiful chair~it looks as if it holds many memories and lots of love xoxox

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...