Jan 17, 2014

DIY Friday- Recycled Wood Ash Bin....

I have had this old ash bin from a wood cookstove hanging around so I decided to dress it up a bit to hold kitchen herbs... Basil, rosemary, sage etc... I dry most of my own herbs but it will be nice to have some fresh during the winter.... I had spotted a photo on Pinterest of a galvanized bin with herbs which I loved..... SO.....

 I took some left over flowers from my cupboard project, made some more leaves
 &  teeny tiny balls, white string for the spirals... 

Then glued on my design.....

After it dried well, on went a coat of gray paint.....I mix black & white craft paint but I do not mix it well ...that way you are painting on differing shades 

Then a light coat of stain...
I paint it on the areas I want aged, then wipe it off lightly...
I keep doing this until I like how it looks....

A close up of the details...I also broke a piece of a 
flower petal & re-glued it,  just to add an age factor....

 Looks pretty with some greenery... I think this will look nice in a window with herbs growing up ....Now to order some seeds from Johnny's...
Next week an  update on my Meditation table...

Have a wonderful weekend everyone...

3 comments:

Jema Rose - The Bohemian Girl said...

It looks really pretty!

Hugs & Blessings from Jenny

Nadine A. said...

Oh i love the vintage look. I have been considering growing some of my own herbs lately. When I was in NM I had basil, oregano, and chives growing at one point but they didn't do well when I moved and eventually died. =( Thinking maybe I might just do a little craft project like this to motivate myself to grow some again.

traderslostart said...

What an awesome idea. I have a window over my kitchen sink, something like this would be perfect, but unfortunately must be in a smaller version. It's a double pane not a huge window. Regards, Sondra "Traders of the Lost Art 1"

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...