Jan 31, 2014

DIY Friday- Rag Quilt....

These rag quilts are one of the easiest quilts I have ever made.....A great way to do something with a pile of scrap fabric..if you sew, you have scraps....I made this for my granddaughter Lily...the first of many....I am making her a Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt...it was suppose to be a baby quilt but I am making it bigger ..twin size for her first birthday... It is all hand sewn so it takes a bit longer...so I will post that when I finish....

I have seen these on Pinterest & I loved the look....
so I gathered up my scraps, got out the sewing machine...and a few hours later....

The back is solid & covered with Unicorns & Stars...
perfect for my Lily Bean...

There are different patterns on Pinterest...I used the one with flannel as the filling...it is very easy to sew with & through if you want a fluffier fringe...If you have never made a quilt, this is a good one to start with... 
Next week I will post the Meditation  table...
The Hubby has jumped in on this project &  I am glad he did...
It is going to look great !!
Have a wonderful Weekend! 


6 comments:

turquoisemoon said...

I've seen these on pinterest too and love the look. Your is wonderful! Great idea, doing it for when she is a tad older. It will be a real keepsake. Good job!

sandra hagan said...

Very nice indeed.

Rubye Jack said...

I'm anxious to see the meditation table. I usually make a new one each time I move and I've only begun to gather for the new one.

I like that fluffy stuff between the squares, every few squares. It makes it seem emotionally warm.

My Grama's Soul said...

Linda.....THAT QUILT is so very beautiful.....good for you!!!
Can't wait to see your table. I have one but it seems like I can never sit down to meditate. LOL LOL

xo

Jo

Bohemian said...

It's so Colorful and Beautiful Linda, Kids Love Quilts, it's like wrapping yourself up in Love. I just 'scored' a huge pile of Silk Sari Materials for only ninety-nine cents a pound at a Thrift Close-Out Center... I was so Jazzed... and plan to make some Gypsy Curtains with it all for my Art Studio Cottage Make-Over that is in progress. With Spring upon the Horizon the Creative Juices are flowing like a mighty river! *winks*

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Linda said...

Thanks everyone.. :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...