Dec 29, 2013

Mind Full????

Yes it is... so I have been organizing....as well as clearing out...but it is a theme I have been on for most of this past year....De-cluttering is freeing......but it isn't just about physical de-cluttering it involves mental de-cluttering too....& it is an ongoing process to stay de-cluttered...


Our society throws so much at us on a daily basis that we cannot possibly process all of it...  Part of the reason why we get sick is because of what we deal with daily.....so in order to cope with destructive aspects of societal issues & relationships we indulge...in things, food, bad habits, clutter.... We focus on the superficial & not the internal....feeling failure for not meeting societal  standards....we use a room to throw things in then close the door but we still "see" it....Sooner or later we realize that this just never works...... We just put off dealing with it in a healthier way.... From what I am reading that is changing.... 


I will tell you what I have finally have found that works for me...it is so simple... Smaller steps over smaller blocks of time achieve success.....which I know is nothing new but part of why this works is I took the time to get here... to reach this point on my journey so that it works specifically for me.... In our fast food society taking time & being patience is becoming a lost art... I pick one major goal & continue working on other goals that are working for me...I am finding that as I go by the Moon cycles instead of the calender, my goals are being met.....New Moon -new goals (just three)... Full Moon -release what doesn't work... 
Luna nurtures us if we let her....


I have started this week with one purpose before the New Moon on the first....clearing out files, pictures, old paperwork that no longer serve a purpose, hold negativity or are extra copies......This all can create mind clutter because you know it is there even if you do not see it everyday... ....I was going to start with my computer but that seemed to have the same idea only more extreme as it completely crashed so I had to reset to the factory settings....at first I was upset but then realized that it was a blessing in disguise...all my important things were backed up so it was ok.......all the stuff that was now gone was useless things that slowed it down...  So I was able to move on with the paper files & flash drives.....by the end of the day I had a trash bag full of shredded paper & pictures ready for burning in the fire pit for release on the New Moon...weather permitting...we had planned a Winter Solstice fire with some friends but had to postpone...Hopefully not this time...if we do I will wait until the Full Moon...


I am posting links to a couple of articles I think are good... I am especially fond of Zen Habits...the posts are simple, honest & to the point...I love them & highly recommend them if you are looking for something to inspire you periodically......
But the best advice is the one which encourages you to do what is good for YOUR soul......with no time limit!  

http://zenhabits.net/27-great-tips-to-keep-your-life-organized/

http://zenhabits.net/15-cant-miss-ways-to-declutter-your-mind/

http://www.theminimalists.com/mental/

Peace,

2 comments:

laoi gaul~williams said...

what a fantastic post~thank you!
we have been slowly clearing clutter from our home and it has been quite liberating. i do still have things that need sorting, especially in my head!

Linda said...

Hi Laoi Always great to see you pop in <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...