Dec 7, 2013

DIY with Acorns & Twigs....

  I have decided this year to go back to a more natural  homemade & nostalgic Christmas...out goes the artificial tree & garlands....those days are over... it also means heading into the woods not that I need an excuse for that.."wink"
I was happy to have a few days that were moderate in temps so I had a chance to get out & gather some green, pine cones, acorns & twigs....

As this is my granddaughter's first Christmas. I had to make a special one for her...
this will go on the folk art tree... 

I fashioned it like the old Adirondack picture frames like mine here with a picture of my Great Grandparents... I used 4 oak twigs, moss and acorns....I printed out a  picture of Lily on fabric to give it some texture ...I am not sure I like it so I may try just a regular picture...then backed it with birch bark..

I also made a Dream-catcher ornament...I have no idea how I made the web...I just used thread & a needle & started going in & out... I added a crystal in the web & one one the bottom  along with some silver feathers... I love it... Both of these are 1  1/2 in X 2  in...
I have a few more projects going so I am planning on finishing them up over the next few days.....two small birch trees came down out back so the Hubby hauled them home... we made a few things from them so I hope to post that over the next few days...
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season....

2 comments:

Babylon Sisters said...

love these ideas! Andrea and I are on the same wavelength as you are this year - natural. We can't really go into the woods in Houston but I went to Lowes and loaded up on cut tree boughs for FREE - thrilled!

adana sohbet said...

I'm following your blog so beautiful
YazGülü - Güzel Sözler - En Güzel Sözler - Sohbet Net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...