Dec 9, 2013

Cupboard Re-Do

This is my bathroom cupboard after its new face lift...I wanted it to look aged...
I think I achieved that....I put the hinges on the side I did because of where it sits in the bathroom...much easier to open... (& please ignore the mess  behind it *wink* )
I painted a layer of  crackle, then white milk paint, thick in some areas.....then a wash of dark walnut stain diluted with  linseed oil ...I wouldn't do the linseed oil again as it takes a long time to dry....I still need to add the bees wax & buff it out...

 This is what the original applique looked like...
I needed something more original.... So I made my own....I have a hard time finding any thing out there so it is easier to make my own... I did this with a big cupboard that is going to my daughter...


I made the flowers, leaves & berries from white polymer clay & white string...
then applied with Mod Podge...
 After painting it, I give it a good dose of stain, wipe some off, 
let some dibble down, sand a little  anything that will age it...


Now I am going to try making an applique for a wood ash bin from an old wood cookstove...
I am thinking Herb planter... Stay tuned...

3 comments:

Jema Rose - The Bohemian Girl said...

AMAZING!!!
It looks so beautiful..!

Hugs & Blessings from Jenny

Jess said...

Wow that is amazing, you're so clever! I want one. :)
Jess xx

kerizim said...

I'm following your blog so beautiful
YazGülü - Güzel Sözler - En Güzel Sözler - Sohbet Net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...