Nov 9, 2013

12 Years Ago...

I married the love of my life..... I have been SO blessed to have this man in my life as well as my children's & now our granddaughter......we are definitely two of a kind.. He understands me in ways no one else can....He is an amazing man.....a Wounded Warrior....has a generous giving heart...a jack of all trades.....a Storyteller...a Beatles fan..... my Hubby.... & I love him so much.......

So we had decided to do something big when the Hobbit comes out on December 13th...dinner & a movie  but we thought today would be fun to do something that was sentimental for us.....  But  first we went  to the local Farmer's Market...



 The old mill on the Saco River in Biddeford Maine is now being used for Farmer's Markets, shops, the University  of Maine , businesses...It really is good to see it used productively...  .. the atmosphere is great...all that gorgeous  brick...the market was great...so many crafts & fresh foods...homemade goods..  A couple of places really caught my eye...

Kitty Witch Perfumery... she has the most amazing natural scents...She also makes up perfumes according to the astrological signs.... so you know I had to test out the one for Scorpio....As I sit here I have my wrist to my nose...it is heavenly!!!  & this is 5 hours later...it is light & not over powering...it makes me feel really good... such is essential oils when the right combination is found & this lady has definitely found it...I am headed back next Saturday to get some...I wish I could have gotten some this week but I was on a mission so I will make a return trip......she has a web site & is on Facebook ..so check her out there...
I also picked up some honey from this couple who own Naturally Jammin who can also be found on Facebook...They make all kind of  jams & butters made with natural honey as well as selling the honey too  ...I got some of  the honey to make my Honey/Onion tonic...But I got home & had some on a homemade biscuit...Yeah....I am keeping it for that...it is SO delicious!! ... Be sure & check out their Facebook page.... it is sweet... 
( I couldn't resist..)
It was so much fun walking around there..& it was nice to hear the strains of some folk music too...
If your thinking of gifts this year...Go to your local markets...buy from the local artisans....they make much nicer gifts to give out this Christmas.....
Support the local small businesses....it is good for our state economy....
OK  now for the sentimental part of our trip today...
We went to our sea wall...It is a sacred place.. but we are seeing changes that are not good & which made us sad to see... ..this is where we had our first date many many years ago....it is also where the Hubby proposed to me....but it was much warmer when that happened too....it was FREEZING  there today...& that wind. WOW!!!! try using a jeep as a tripod for your camera when the wind is whipping it around...not easy.....LOL...  but it was still fun to go to our special place today......nothing better than  breathing in that salty sea air & looking at the beautiful water...very calming....even with that ocean wind...


So thank you to my Hubby for these first 12 years... (14 actually)...we have had our highs....wonderful times....& our lows....mostly from external things...but it has just made us stronger, our love deeper & our contentment greater...

... I am looking forward to many more years with this wonderful guy...
XXOO

9 comments:

Linda Wolf said...

Happy anniversary, Linda. So blessed you are to have found this wonderful man. Here's to many more years together.

Enjoyed seeing pictures of your local market.

xxx

Linda said...

Thanks Linda :) we had a great time...I love that market...

kjelle-man said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jema Rose - The Bohemian Girl said...

Forgot to log out from my dads blog...sorry! ;)

Happy anniversary!!!

Hugs & Blessings from Jenny

laoi gaul~williams said...

this post made me smile so much!
happy anniversary and many happy years to look forwards too xoxoxoxo

Babylon Sisters said...

Happy Anniversary Linda! I also now have a wonderful husband (after a bit of trial and error earlier in life) and have been married for about the same length of time as you have. Aren't we lucky!!

Linda said...

Thanks everyone for the wonderful sentiments...I agree Mary we are lucky. LOTS of trial & error!!! thank God that part is over with.....:D

XO

Susan said...

Isn't it amazing and wonderful when we feel like this about the man we travel through this life with...I feel the same way after 39 years about my husband also..thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

Oh it is...39 years that is so wonderful!! It is so nice when you have your soul mate walking the journey with you...thanks for sharing yours :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...