Sep 6, 2013

New Moon over the Gate....

 I thought the New Moon would be a good time to update you on the Moon Gate that I built this spring...
 After a bit of a rough start....the girls loved picking the leaves off as it grew...they finally left it alone enough for the Moon flowers to grow over the arch...I am still hoping that I might see a flower or two before a frost hits....

 One side still didn't fill in as much as I liked but I was happy with the first year results....I need to spend some time on the two side gardens this year so I am going to continue to build up the stone walls & top it off with cow manure so next year I will be ready...along with some deer fencing to protect the young Moon Flowers from nibbling beaks !!! I have a few perennials in but I cut then right to the ground to send all the energy into the roots to get established...Hopefully next year there will be more flowers & greenery to fill it up....
At night is when it gets magical....the fairies come out to dance.... 
They start at dusk....

 & play all night among the leaves..........
On the New & Full Moon it is a nice place to be  to soak up the Moons energy......

I will have a very special post on Sunday so please stay tuned!!  

Have a great weekend...

4 comments:

Jema Rose - The Bohemian Girl said...

Looks so lovely & magical!

Hugs & blessings from Jenny

Lady of the Woods said...

ohhhhhh beautiful ! I love it!

Linda Wolf said...

Magical! LOVE this! Nice work, Linda!

Rachel Gallagher said...

Gorgeous! What a great idea. I love reading about your garden. :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...