Sep 21, 2013

Harvest Moon

 This years Harvest Moon was exceptional....Maybe the birth of our Baby Granddaughter had something to do with that...**Wink**....Everything is right with the world....  even through the chaos & turbulence that exists all around in the world......there are those moments when it all melts away.... only Peace & contentment fill the air...the sounds of Nature at night....everything feels soft & peaceful......

This time of the year is a favorite...the air is cool..the sunsets are beautiful...things slow down & seem less hectic....Mother Nature seems content & dons her colorful garments ...& there is the Harvest...the cupboard is full of medicinal balms, tinctures & oils this year...the freezer & pantry are filling up with jams, veggies & sauces...But there are other harvests as well....what we have gathered to ourselves over the past year.....Ours was bountiful  & it was a good time to reflect on the emotional & spiritual aspect....... of changes of which I am so very grateful....of the wonderful people in our lives....releasing the negative & gathering the positive... even tho there was death there was life....I would like to think that Lura & Lily passed each other on the way, stopping to give each other a hug & saying hi as they traveled on to their destinations....that gives me comfort....it is a balance of equality.... Yin & Yang....dark & light..... appropriate for this equinox.....


I had my meditation outside on the Full Moon.....the night could not have been more perfect with the fire crackling surrounded by the elements of Nature as I listened to a new Deepak Chopra meditation.....I wrote what I wanted to release & burned it...then I went through my gratitude list...
The moon was rising over the Moon Gate...if you look close you can see the twinkling lights in the background...... which seemed fitting & a nice way to end the summer...I am still hoping that a couple of Moon flowers will still appear on the gate before the first frost.......I am so grateful for all that I am fortunate to have surrounded by such a beautiful environment....something I never take for granted..... Now we look forward to a cookout with some good friends ...

I wish you a wonderful weekend & a peaceful Equinox everyone.......
XO

4 comments:

Moonstone Bohemia said...

hey i really love your blog its just wonderful

Ashling said...

Congratulations on the new baby, and blessings of the season to you!

Linda said...

Thanks Ashling it has made the year complete... :) Welcome Moonstone...Glad you enjoy it...I love your name btw ..:)

the wild magnolia said...

a new baby is so energizing. congratulations.

this was a gorgeous full Harvest Moon. i captured a few good shots.

wishing the moon flowers to show for you.

i adore twinkling lights.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...