Jul 16, 2013

Lura


My Best friend passed away on Sunday from pancreatic cancer...She was diagnosed on June 14th .....Both the Hubby & I cried...alot....One minute she was asking me what to expect from radiation then next I was getting a phone call saying she had passed away....I still cannot believe it... I am just thankful she did not suffer for months with this horrible disease....that her pain was finally eased with medication & she could sleep...


She was one of the kindest, caring, loving person ever...My friend, my sister, my confidante...She went to Woodstock & her telling of it made me feel like I went too...She owned a book store in Northern Maine & loved good books...her recommendations were something I looked forward to...She loved Peaks Island...she wanted to go back there someday...She was my movie buddy...especially Woody Allen movies...when she was up for a visit we had our movie marathons & a trip to the LL Bean outlet for a deal... we met when we worked for LL Beans...she made working there fun.....she loved animals...especially dogs....She was the only other person who could call the Hubby "Stevie" like I did...she was family.....I became more liberal because of her.... she believed in diversity, inclusiveness & she wanted fairness for all people..... she looked for the good in everyone....but did not believe that people should walk all over you...she has given me much needed advice over the last few years....advice based on life experiences that she overcame.....she was inspiring & supportive especially during my cancer treatments....I had hope to return that love & support during hers...



She went to St John the Baptist convent in NJ where she became an Episcopal Nun... She loved & wanted to serve God,...her faith was an inspiration....she wanted to help others...she felt it was her calling...she did....she worked with the homeless of NYC...she organized retreats at St John's & more...everyone was better from her presence in their lives...everyone....I love reading all the wonderful things & stories people are saying about her on her Facebook page...
Its just NOT fair for this to happen.....I know she would tell me that God has his reasons & I know that she is right... but it still makes us struggle to understand why in a world that is filled with so many nasty hateful people why does He take those around us that you can point to balance that negativity....that is truly good & kind.....Even tho the world has become darker with her presence gone, I know her spirit will remain....I want to drop her a note to talk about the latest character who is coming to Downton Abbey or just say hi...but I can't....there is a huge hole in my heart full of pain & eyes full of tears.......I miss her terribly as I know her son & his wife, the Sisters at St John's, her family & friends do... but I know she is in a good place...free from pain...that gives all of us that love her some comfort....I just wanted to share some of this...I wish all of you could have known her...words are not enough to express the kind of woman & friend she really was...


I will see you later Soror...meanwhile enjoy the peace... you truly deserve it...I love you...


23 comments:

Linda Wolf said...

Beautiful tribute to your dear friend, Linda.

Much love to you, sister. xxxxx

Ms Misantropia said...

I'm so sorry you lost your best friend. I lost my best friend to cancer, 5 years ago. She was only 36, the age I am now. There is nothing like losing a loved one, the void it creates in you, how your life stops and how weird it feels that the world around just keeps going anyway. My condolences.

turquoisemoon said...

Oooh Linda...I am so sorry for your loss. So sorry...

Gayle said...

It sounds like she was a lovely kindred spirit to you. Sorry for you and all the others that are left with this huge loss.

Lady of the Woods said...

Linda, I am sorry. So beautiful this tribute to her. I just want to cry. I can only keep thinking of the peace those who pass away experience. If I think of how I feel, I want to die too, but I think of how they must feel, release and relief. But the ones who remain need time. I am so sorry.

Babylon Sisters said...

Linda, I'm so sorry you lost your beautiful friend. A blessing that she didn't have to suffer a long time. I think that way too - when someone really good dies and so many awful people are left - hard to understand...

**Anne** said...

I'm so sorry you've lost your best friend and in such a short space of time. You have written a wonderful tribute to your friend and have honoured her beautifully.
All too often the good, loving and caring people leave this earth before we are ready to say goodbye to them. The nasty and hateful people still living have much to learn, that's why they are still here.
I hope each day brings you a little more comfort and healing. I'm thinking of you.
Anne xx

Donna said...

Linda, I am so very sorry to hear of your best friends passing. She was a wonderful woman. May you find peace in your heart at this difficult time.(((((HUGS))))
Donna

Rachel Gallagher said...

So sorry for your loss Linda. She sounds like a wonderful woman and your tribute to her was beautiful.

Rachel xx

Linda said...

Thanks everyone for your kind words <3......I wish all of you could have known her..she was an amazing woman...<3

Ashling said...

What a beautiful, loving tribute. So sorry for your loss.

Sparroweye said...

I came here for Miss Clara. But there are no accidents. Serendipity. There really is no treatment for Pancreatic cancer. Rarely does someone survive it. I too lost a best friend to stage 4 breast cancer. She was only 54. Her faith was tremendous. Until the very end, she refused surgery and traditional treatments. Only at the begging of her family did she submit to Chemo. She was like an angel. I never heard her say one unkind word. She never gossiped. She was always there for hugs and advice. After her death I had a wonderful dream with Sharon. It was more like a lucid dream. Real. She was in a totally brilliant white room, glowing. She was in a bed glowing white. Music was coming from everywhere. I said, Sharon what is that. She said, The music is healing me. A song was playing during this dream. I later found out from her Father the song was her favorite. He said that I had a supernatural experience. I felt much more at peace following the visit. My anger at her death left me. I would ask you to request a dream or visit from Linda. Wait until about 3 months after her death. It may take a while. They are just as busy on that side of the wall as we are here. Maine is one of my favorite places to visit.

Sparroweye said...

Ps Also I am a survivor of head and neck cancer. I didn't fit the profile for that type cancer. Which in the medical field is not good. Because then they just can't decide on which torture to use on you. lol. Almost five years and still here. Under no allusions with cancer.

Linda said...

Sparroweye...Thank you for your words of support...What a beautiful story...I don;t feel as much anger anymore just sadness...I know Lura would want me to do something productive & I am....I am glad to hear you have passed your 5 yr mark...I just passed my 6 yr...I agree I am under no illusions about this horrible disease either...As long as we poison our environment & food the numbers will never go down...

laoi gaul~williams said...

linda i am so, so sorry to read this and hear of the loss of your beautiful friend xoxoxox

Linda said...

Thank you Laoi <3

Rehan Ahmed said...

Get Free Online Jobs from home, best ad clicking work, join now
JobzCorner.com/FreeEarning

hasnain raza said...

Online Jobs, Just Post a Comment on any blog site and earn $0.06 per Link, Just Like this post, Visit and Click on Link Relation
JobzCorner.com

hasnain raza said...

Play Games and Earn Money online from home, best add clicking website in the world
PaidVerts.com

Rehan Ahmed said...

Viewing the ads, playing games, upgrade plans, more earnings, referral earnings, bonus points and more, join now
Paidverts.com

Saqib Khan said...

Find best online jobs ever where you can earn monthly earning without any risk, part time data entry copy pasting and facebook jobs, Join now
RapidIncomeCorner.com

Ahmed Hassan said...

Hot Forex Investments where you can earn profit without any work, just invest on forex and get profit daily upto 12%, Join Now
HotFxInvest.com

Bilal Shah said...

Online Jobs is easy now for you, just spend few hours on internet and get unlimited income with Data entry copy pasting facebook and clicking jobs
JobzCorner.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...