May 29, 2013

Wednesday Women- Sulamith Wülfing

"Sulamith Wülfing (January 11, 1901 – 1989) was a German artist and illustrator. Her ethereal, enigmatic works depict fairy tales or mystical subjects.
Born in Elberfeld, Rhine Province to Theosophist parents Karl and Hedwig Wülfing, as a child Sulamith had visions of angels, fairies, gnomes, and nature spirits. She first began drawing these creatures at the age of four. The visions continued throughout her life, and directly inspired her paintings."









Her art is a favorite of Stevie Nicks...in fact it inspired The Wild  Heart album cover & some of her songs...These are just a few of her gorgeous artwork......
Enjoy!

5 comments:

Lauri said...

absolutely stunning work ~ I've never seen these before, thank you so for sharing them ~

Tilda said...

I love how she conveys light in her pictures---she's one of my all-time favorite mystic artists :)

laoi gaul~williams said...

thank you so much for introducing me to her work-just beautiful!

Helen said...

I have not seen this artist before. I am greatful to you for sharing her work with your followers. I find it magical and inspiring. Thank you

Lady of the Woods said...

I've only just seen this! Never heard of her before but thanks to you now I know of another mystical magical inspiring maiden! thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...