May 24, 2013

DIY Friday- Old Door Redo...


My latest project is a table for my studio...I need something to spread things out on...I have had this around since last year with the idea that I would use this for a table...
 So I have been on hold waiting for the rain to leave so I can start work on it...Much of the paint is coming right off but it needs a good drying out now...I need to do a bit of repair work around the windows ..then put plexiglass on top  for a smoothier surface to work on...
I would like to put photos of my ancestors in the windows but.....If the window area cannot be saved I have envisioned something like this... Maybe make some grill work from old wire I have???  Maybe...If the windows cannot be saved...

I plan on using these legs from this table unless I can find some that are a bit chunkier...
So we will see what results....when the rain stops...In the meantime, I am making a Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt...baby size for my granddaughter....with lots of love sewn in...I will post pics after I finish...

Have a great weekend everyone!!

6 comments:

My Grama's Soul said...

Hi Linda......I love the idea for your door. It is so great that you have room to store old pieces until you can find use for them.
Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

xo

Jo

turquoisemoon said...

You must post pics of the finished product...excited!!!

laoi gaul~williams said...

ohhh what a great idea, really looking forwards to seeing the finished table :) you ow have me contemplating my desk...plain wood...maybe i need to do something with it!

Willene Fagen said...

That is one old door, but I think with a little repair, it will be as good as new. Anyhow, you have great ideas for your door and window. How did it go? I hope you were able to save the window area you are referring to, so everything would go smoothly as you plan it to be.
#Willene Fagen @ RoofingandMoreINC.com

Greg Marshall said...

I am curious as to what happened to your plans. I think there’s a lot of creative ideas you can do to your old door aside from the table -- you could decorate it as a display, or even make a frame out if it. What do you think? Anyway, thanks for sharing!

Greg Marshall @ Crawford Door

Linda said...

Hi Gary...actually I did end up making a table but only with the pieces I could salvage from it...much of the door had rot and was so punky I couldn't use it the person who I got this from had left it outdoors too long... so I made a plant stand from the pieces I did a post on that...I do agree with you on the different uses..I would like to make a frame if I ever come across another door like this...Thanks for your thoughts on this..I always like to hear other's ideas... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...