Mar 27, 2013

Wednesday Women- Her

I have to share this poem posted over on The Wild Magnolia...It reminds me of where I am in my  journey....It reminds me of the many wonderful women who I have in my life that helped me get here by their love & support ....It reminds me of even the worse women who have helped me along by being my greatest lessons of what not to be ...my favorite line..."I am becoming a deep weathered basket"....I know many of you will read this & it will remind you of your journey as well......Enjoy! 


Finding Her Here

I am becoming the woman I've wanted,
grey at the temples,
soft body, delighted,
cracked up by life
with a laugh that's known bitter
but, past it, got better,
knows she's a survivor-
that whatever comes,
she can outlast it.
I am becoming a deep
weathered basket.

I am becoming the woman I've longed for,
the motherly lover
with arms strong and tender,
the growing daughter
who blushes surprises.
I am becoming full moons
and sunrises.

I find her becoming,
this woman I've wanted,
who knows she'll encompass,
who knows she's sufficient,
knows where she's going
and travels with passion.
Who remembers she's precious,
but knows she's not scarce-
who knows she is plenty,
plenty to share.

Jayne Relaford Brown


5 comments:

Babylon Sisters said...

perfect!

Linda said...

I thought you would like this Sister :)

Crazy Ravens Studio said...

Thanks for sharing this great poem.

simplyvintage said...

I love it! xxx

Linda Wolf said...

Nice, Linda. Thanks for sharing. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...