Mar 19, 2013

Heralds of Spring....

 "O blackbird! sing me something well:
  While all the neighbors shoot thee round,
  I keep smooth plats of fruitful ground,
Where thou mayst warble, eat, and dwell."

Lord Alfred Tennyson
 While a foot of snow was falling upon us once again, we received a gift this afternoon...the Blackbirds arrived ...a sign that Spring is still on its way....To not to give up hope......

 It was a flurry of activity all afternoon.....back & forth......swooping & flying.....

 My other little birds were not happy at all about this invasion at the Chickadee Cafe.. but they will have their place back soon enough....
 Even my old girl Hattie, who never bothers with this anymore, had to see what was going on...

 Against the stark whiteness everywhere, you would see flashes of red....It was really something...

I counted over 50 of them....

 It is hard to believe that I was looking at my Tiger Lilies sprouting up through the ground yesterday....& I spotted my crocus sprouts on the hill.... 
Oh Well....eventually Spring will arrive & stay.....

3 comments:

Jema Rose said...

The birds look beautiful,
we don´t have the same kind here.

Hugs, Jenny

turquoisemoon said...

Happy first day of Spring!!! Love your black birds...

Gayle said...

I love blackbirds! They always seem to have uniforms on with red epaulets. Wow!! To look out and see so many.........very cool!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...