Feb 3, 2013

The Clawfoot Tub...


I have a Clawfoot tub....The next photo is of mine...it is still a work in progress but I only have a couple more things to do...the trim around the door & turquoise print wall paper on one wall...  I am thinking the wall around the window.... I started off with French Country in mind but decided to add turquoise later for a touch of Boheme...

There is nothing like taking a bath in one....Light some candles, fill the tub with hot steaming water, throw in some bath salts with essential oils and enjoy....You cannot compare the tubs they make now with these antique ancestors....On a cold wintery day, it is a great way to spend some meditation time... 

4 comments:

Gayle said...

It's beautiful Linda!
I miss my old clawfoot so much. It seems like they hold the heat of the water better. You are right, there is nothing like them.

Bohemian said...

Yes Linda, Turquoise would definitely be that Boheme' pop of Color to complete that gorgeous Tub Room! Our Clawfoot Tub is outside in the back of our Acreage... and you're absolutely right, nothing quite like a soak in an Old Clawfoot Tub! Ours was actually 'scored' as a castaway in the Desert! The Man found it while scouting for a Hunt... answer to Prayer for me since they can be expensive to purchase.

Dawn... The Bohemian

turquoisemoon said...

Amazing! Your room is beautiful...and I think adding turquoise would be incredible.

Vintage Vignettes said...

LOVE your bathroom! Love the idea of adding turquoise also, you know me... color is good! What a wonderful relaxing place! Thank you as always for a beautiful post!
Tricia

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...