Feb 23, 2013

DIY Friday- Decoupage

I like to decoupage once in a while but I am not fond of the more bold & busy type of decoupage with everything covered by a picture...I prefer the more aged, subtle, transparent look....more of a bleed through effect....That is why I like to use tissue paper or napkins now...You could even draw your own designs on white tissue with a permanent ink to make it even more unique... Here are a few ideas that I really like...
Decoupage an Antique map....I love this idea for one of Maine...


Decoupage on fence .....This gave me an idea of doing the Maine map on wood...

A very simple technique to Decoupage on mirror... it is a 
unique way of aging a mirror 
Furniture Redo...this is my favorite...
It is very subtle and I love the ephemera on it...She doesn't explain her paint technique but it is chalk paint wash with probably a very light stain wiped over to highlight...

I love this Art work with rope or string, white tissue paper & spray on paint... I have some old tin tiles in bad shape that would be perfect for this...& I have hundreds of little pieces of hemp left over from macrame....
I also have some wooden hangers that would be good candidates for decoupage...so with another storm coming this weekend, I guess I will see what evolves...

Have a creative weekend...

9 comments:

Jema Rose said...

Wonderful inspiration!

I love making decoupage,
it is so fast & easy to do,
perfect for me who has no patience..!

;)

Hugs & Blessings from Jenny.

Linda Starr said...

Been eons since I did decoupage, lovely inspirations.

Gayle said...

that mirror is really interesting........

artesanato said...

Parabéns pela estrutura e conteúdo de seu blog
Compartilhando aqui, forte abrass Renato artesanato em mdf

Linda said...

Thnak você eu estou contente você gostei ...

Mary Lindsay said...

I love these decoupage pieces of artwork, I am about to embark on a my first decoupage experience and have been collecting Victorian die-cut scraps for some ideas but when I bought decoupage rice paper and tissue I am blown away and dead keen to get started, but scared at the same time. I'm glad I found you. Mary

Linda said...

You will love it Mary!! I do it all the time...I just did the underneath of my meditation table instead of paint...it is so easy....Enjoy & have fun with it...:D

Linda said...

You will love it Mary!! I do it all the time...I just did the underneath of my meditation table instead of paint...it is so easy....Enjoy & have fun with it...:D

Winepine said...

Wow! This goes beyond decoupage. Your such an artist! These are some very inspirational pieces. One question: Have you ever tried painting a wooden wine crate? They can easily achieve a bohemian feel with an added "chateau-chic" wine themed accent.

If your looking for original wine boxes or crates for future projects visit Winepine

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...