Jan 27, 2013

Dream Catcher Wall Hanging...


After being inspired by these Dreamcatchers, I took some scrap Sari material, some silver findings such as coins, Milagros...feathers, handmade beads & turquoise... The quartz crystal in the center was charged & cleansed last night during the Full Moon from any negatives or previous ownership....& created this wall hanging.... I just need to add some Moonstone gems to it....


I am hooked....These are fun to make on these cold winter days & it is a nice addition to my sacred space I am creating...

This is the start of it...I still have some things to do in the room...The Hubby suggested a new idea which I LOVE!! ...Take all the trim from the window & get wider boards which I carve designs, ivy or runes on them...Now to decide what to carve...  

11 comments:

turquoisemoon said...

AWESOME!!! I am so impressed!!! Simply beautiful and unique. ...and what a sacred space you are creating. I was waiting for you to post this...luv it!!!

Libellula Jewelry said...

Your dream catcher is beautiful and the room is looking so serene!

Jema Rose said...

Looks BEAUTIFUL!!!

Hugs & blessings from Jenny

Gayle said...

Linda it's beautiful. You put so much thought and care into all that you do.

susanjmb said...

BEAUTIFUL dream catcher...I love that you charged and cleansed the quartz crystal. Something I will have to start doing. Tonight though, our moon is hidden by clouds of freezing rain. Gotta love a hubby who suggests TEARING something off and installing something else so that YOU can create art...your sacred space is certainly that.

Linda said...

Thanks ladies...& yes he is definitely a keeper...he is full of great ideas.....Lots of good sources in blogland for creating these spaces...I have gotten so much info from the girls out there...Lot of them on my sidebar...

:)

victoriantailor said...

Love the charms and special touches to make your Dreamcatcher your own!

Linda Wolf said...

Beautiful, Linda. Do you know where instructions for the dreamcatcher's string pattern can be found?

Linda said...

Hi Linda I basically just tied on scraps of sari that I ripped inot long strips, ribbons, decorative string...anything I could tie some findings on after...I made the top with a dreamcatcher pattern I found through google...I wasinspried by the beautiful ones on the other dreamcatcher post...click the word at the top of the post...especially the ones done by Rachel Rice...hers are gorgeous!!! I hope that helps...

Thanks ladies for all the great comments...

XO

Vintage Vignettes said...

Beautiful Linda!!! You've got such a creative soul! I have never made on. You have inspired me such that I just might have to give it a try. Love all your creative projects and I LOVE the idea of carving runes on the window sills! Fabulous!

Linda said...

Thanks Vintage... I know I enjoy making the Dreamcatcher... The runes I am definitely looking forward to...It is fun just looking at all the differnt ones...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...