Jan 29, 2013

Derek Kinzett....Artist...

 A 45 yr old artist & wire sculptor from the British Isles... Derek Kinzett's wire art is amazing...
I love this fairy....
 The details are wonderful...


 The bike was the Hubby's favorite....no surprise there......

 I love the little fae she is holding in her hand...




His hands are all calloused because he refuses to wear gloves because he feels it would take away the essence of working with the wire... He cuts & twists 160 ft of chicken wire spending about 100 hours on each figure & asks around £6000 a piece..... Some of his famous fans include Nicholas Cage who bought one for his English home...



Here are a couple of links to view much more of his amazing creations....

http://derekkinzettwiresculpture.co.uk/portfolio.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wiresculptures/


3 comments:

turquoisemoon said...

I saw my first wire artist in Santa Fe many years ago. His work impressed me so...as does this artist. Thanks!!! You find the very coolest of stuff.

Vintage Vignettes said...

Oh My Goodness! I find it hard to work with Chicken wire just when I am covering a pot for flowers! I can't imagine how he does that! Thank you for sharing, your blog always has the neatest stuff!
Blessings,
Tricia

Linda Starr said...

I could live with one of those fairies in the garden, they are exquisite

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...