Dec 9, 2012

The Making of the Wreaths.....

The rain finally cleared out so I spent today roaming around the woods forging for things for my wreaths..For the first wreath,  I used an antique cart wheel that I picked up a few years ago...


 I added a Buffalo plaid bow, some Fir boughs & pine cones, a piece of Velvet holly & an antique silver spoon ( an idea I got from Mrs Obama's White House decorating this year)....  I took the picture outside on the shed but this is staying inside...


 This one will stay on the shed...
the base is what was left of a twig wreath that lost most of the twigs...

I filled in the bare spot with Fir & Pine boughs...added  a Burlap Ribbon, Pine Cones, Birch bark & some rusty Bells...


  Simple & Natural ...   

  
This is the Acorn Wreath I made last year...This takes a bit more time...


The Hubby cut out a base from plywood...I added a Moss base all over...then glued the acorns on... some pine cones, grapevine & berries finished it...


 Hope this inspires you to try something different for your wreaths this year...

8 comments:

Lady of the Woods said...

These are all stunning and more wonderful because they are so utterly unique! You are so creative and I adore all of these! bravo! *bow from waist*

Linda said...

Thanks Lady...They were fun to make...:)

Amanda said...

these are beautiful!! my goodness, those acorns must have taken quite some time. well worth it!

the said...

Simply Beautiful ~ Merry Christmas!

Gayle said...

I love them! You are inspiring me!

Hollie said...

These are beautiful, I love your blog!

Linda said...

Very nice and inspiring. I live out in the boondocks but wanted to make a pinecone wreath. I thought I had to wait till my next trip into town to buy a base. Now I see that I can use alot of things for the base. Thanks or the plywood idea especially!

Linda said...

Thanks Ladies...I have also used cardboard as a base as well which is a good way to recycle the boxes...If you glue layers it makes it even stronger for a base especially for pine cones & acorns... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...