Dec 18, 2012

The Heart of Homemade

It is the artisan... the craftspeople.....Items that are lovingly handcrafted by those who want to provide a quality product to consumers... In a society deluged with mass production of cheaply made goods, it is time to return to consuming less clutter while obtaining well made handmade products.... So here are a few that I think you will find very appealing... 

I am posting my favorite photos from each shop....Just click on the links to access the shops, websites & Facebook fan pages.... Enjoy!


Family first on this one...Sally creates beautiful hand knitted wire silver cuffs jewelry, quilts  & arm warmers...  I have a necklace & two pairs of the warmers & I love them....


For her Esty shop go here....


Deanna is the artist... She creates earrings, many of them adorable little angels, as well as necklaces, ear cuffs and bottle lights..


Her Esty store is here

For her Facebook fan page go here

Ophelia's Adornments

Barbara makes beautiful pieces of jewelry...when I see some of her creations
 I think vintage... literary... Olde England... very elegant...


For her Facebook fan page go here

Her blog is here

Altered Alchemy
Luthien creates some amazing pieces of jewelry......she makes earrings, necklaces & cuffs....usually with a theme ranging from Harry Potter to  Books to the Forests & Fantasy...

*reserved piece

Guess where I got my Christmas gift this year!!!! Isn't the packaging a delight...
Thanks to the Hubby for his good taste   ;)
The earrings are amazing...Thanks Luthien!


She takes a much better picture of the earrings called "Faelights"....& they truly are..


For her Esty store go here

For her Facebook fan page go here

Babylon Sisters
They makes the most beautiful handmade gypsy curtains...made from different types of vintage scarves.. They also sell many vintage items ....this is where I purchased my Scorpio plaque as well as a 70's astrology candle holder... A great shop for those who adore anything vintage ..


For her Esty store go here

For her Facebook fan page go here

Small businesses are becoming the driving force again for economies around the world... The quality of what you buy will be higher, made with care & love...Those that sell vintage offer treasures have stood the test of time.... This helps women, families & communities... So no matter what time of the year, think about buying from a small business..

Buy Local, Buy Global, Buy Handmade, Buy from a Small Business...



6 comments:

Libellula Jewelry said...

"Buy Local, Buy Global, Buy Handmade, Buy from a Small Business..."

Sing it loud and clear! Thanks for being an advocate :)

Gayle said...

A good reminder for us all.....
Thanks!

Babylon Sisters said...

You're so right! I don't want one thing from the mall. I told my husband he can just look at my Amazon wish list and get me old books and CD's.

Thanks for including my shop! xoxo

Linda Wolf said...

Love this post, Linda. Again, you couldn't have said it better. I'll join in and say that there is not one thing I want from a mall.

As I continue to downsize, I've sold off the majority of my vintage Christmas items this season (and made a nice profit too I might add). While I missed some of it, that feeling didn't last long. I'm down to ONE container of vintage Christmas decorations and it's going to stay that way. It's LESS that actually makes happy.

I know you can appreciate one vintage item that I kept because it makes me smile -- a big, macrame Christmas tree! ;) Muted green hemp, natural colored wooden beads and $1.49 at Salvation Army. :) Channeling the 70s once again.....

Thanks for another great post!

Linda said...

I completely agree Linda...I am doing the same thing right now...I am downsizing the Christmas stuff...Just the things I love & have sentimental value...I would much rather have things of quality& last a long time and less clutter.....that is why the small shops with homemade items will flourish....people are waking up...:)

Luthien Thye said...

such a powerful post my fren ... i so agree to what you said, and i am happy that more and more people are in agreement with that. i come from a country that still thrives on mall stuff, it's becos of our age, we are still young compared to say America or Europe. but i know more and more of us are going for well made and quality. we even have an Malaysian etsy market once in 2 months now!! whoot!!

thank you so much for the lovely words :) very very happy girl :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...