Nov 7, 2012

Thinking outside the Walls!!!

Well election day has come & gone..... I am so excited  & hopeful to see President Obama re-elected... I was very happy to see how many firsts there were for women. First openly gay woman, first Asian-American woman, first woman Senator from Massachusetts & more....It was truly a historic night & was so happy to have been a part of it...But I am burnt out on politics right now especially those commercials !! So time to take a break & have fun!!

Now that things have been settled. we can look forward to the holidays...Thanksgiving first...I am having a houseful here & it will be so good to have everyone gathered here together...  So that means it is time to get the house  in order....so lets talk walls!!

I have been clutter clearing as you know but I also have been uncovering many treasures...Items that have family value & good memories... items that I have collected over the years....

They are things that should not be stored away but displayed ....what is the sense of having these things if you cannot enjoy them.... Time to bring them into the fresh air....
So I have been looking for some inspiration.....


In each picture there is something that catches my eye....

Displays of a Bohemian style that is free form...
the best kind...

They are displays that include everything... no item is discriminated against....


No room is exempt from a wall being used to display pictures & art pieces....


Walls can be used as inspiration boards.... 

Expanding the area outside of the smaller board....

.
You could also rotate your displays...

 You keep some items in a cupboard & rotate them at certain times of the year...that way it changes the look & the energy flow....
Throw out the level ... throw out the rules....

....just put things up.....Have fun ....

Think outside the walls and use those spaces as a canvas!!!



5 comments:

Lady of the Woods said...

Agreed! freedom is the only way for everything! welcome back to posting, I look forward to seeing more of what you're up to :D

Gayle said...

I also am a fan of covering every
bit of surface....vertical or horizontal. Can't wait to see what you decide.

My Grama's Soul said...

Oh dear Linda....I so hope you will show us how your "walls" turn out.

xo

Jo

Ashling said...

Walls with 'too' much make me antsy, but everyone's definition of "too much" is different, which is a good thing. Would love to see what you decide to do with your treasures!

Linda said...

I agree Ashling...I am not one to put alot on except in my craft room ;) but I like to mix it up with different things...much more interesting to look at.. I will post what I do with mine..
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...