Nov 19, 2012

The Warmth of Wood...

It anchors us...wood makes you feel at home...it hugs you.. .at least for me it does... My other home was made of almost entirely wood...it felt like a safe haven when you walked in.. it was surrounded by Nature...it brought Nature in......I am sorry I ever left it.....the Hubby says now we shouldn't have left.....But Oh well,  live & learn by the mistakes we made.....so now we plan.... much smaller, cozier & more efficient.....with lots of wood in mind as the grounding element... especially on the floor ...with lots of character!!



source

source

source

source

source

source

The more I am letting things go, the closer to Nature I want to be...
and to bring more natural elements into my home...




7 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

interesting. i've always thought wood a special element. gray with years of weather wood....soft and smooth, and yes, comforting. natural elements seem the best to allow into a life.

i am pondering life as a whole, mine, and what i want to manifest. there are changes due.

nature and spirit please me most. some things i have not chosen well and the results are smothering.

lovely post. thank you.

Linda said...

I like your comment about the smothering,,,sometimes we do make the wrong decisions which tend to smother us...I am hearing alot about change from everyone...that is what is so wonderful... is that we can correct it by making change....

turquoisemoon said...

awesome pics!! The floors are so cool. I've got carpeting, but am really wanting wood. Really wanting...

livroy said...

I have just stumbled upon your blog and briefly skimmed through it. I love this. I'm only 22 and find everything you post on your blog magnificent; the music, the free spirit, the beautiful, warm vintage home decor. I only wish I grew up back then...and had the chance to experience something like woodstock :) What a revolutionary era. Keep up your work, lovely!

laoi gaul~williams said...

mmm yes wood...i would love a wood house so much...i bring a lot of wood into the house and garden, logs, twigs etc just to have it closer although living in the middle of an ancient forest i keep the vibes with me all of the time :)

Linda said...

Your very fortunate Laoi..I would love to live in an Ancient Forest...It must be wonderful

Livroy, thanks for stopping by Glad you enjoyed everything...I agree it was a revolutionary time.... Good or bad we made our mark :)

Ashling said...

Such great photos...I too love wood in houses, especially old wood.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...