Nov 8, 2012

The Transitioning of Letting Go

It seems to be the theme of my life over the past few years.....letting go....of material clutter....of bad habits....of negative people & situations...It also has to do with transitioning...something we do throughout the year but also during our lives...I have reached Autumn in my life...It is the season of year in which I seem to thrive the best... analogies of harvest, of slowing down, of taking stock, and clearing out are abundant...

I have transitioned to a point where I now say no if I am not available to do something.....I am tending to my own needs making me happier & healthier person....I find now I am more available to myself, loved ones & others when you respect yourself enough to say no to those who disrespect & use you to sate their self absorbed egos...to  walk away from the stress, anxiety, anger & unhappiness caused by self-centered people....to detach from the emotional energy drain which can leave you unavailable to give to those who would truly benefit the most from you.....

When you do, the most amazing doors open in your life...

Autumn is an empowering & balancing time of life for me...
Where are you in the seasons of transition? 


5 comments:

turquoisemoon said...

Ooh wow!! I've been doing this too. I've been calling it setting boundaries. I like your term and description much better. Thanks!

Barbara said...

I'm definitely in the autumn years, too, and I love it! I don't feel the need to acquire "things" anymore or stress myself out over stuff that doesn't really matter. It's rather peaceful - for the most part! :)

Barbara said...

...and i love the wheel!!

the wild magnolia said...

Winter
I am free of many useless things.
It is in many ways, the best of my life.
Being retired is a blessing and I do follow my passions as much as I can.

Thank you for sharing.

40 ewayuta

Linda Wolf said...

Well said, Linda. Well said.
I'm right there with you. What an exciting and liberating time of life.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...