Nov 27, 2012

Luna Eclipse

Tonight will be the Full Moon as well as the Lunar Eclipse...this is also the smallest full moon of the year...Unfortunately like the Solar Eclipse,  Eastern US & Canada will not be able to see it... This Full Moon is known as the Beaver Moon or Frosty Moon...


I decided to have a Moon Reading done this month for my birthday..... I had one done by Marissa Moondaughter...you can go to her website here...I was very happy with the reading as it touched on subjects that have been a theme with me lately...but it also pointed me to a direction I had not thought of looking before... I plan on using the reading tonight as I write my intentions for this month...

I am a Water sign but always tend to lean towards my Earth sign more...but the water sources have always been a place to calm myself...My reading pointed me to the dolphin as my possible animal totem which I found interesting.... an creature of balance...of water as well as air.... deep breathing, re-hydrating physically & spiritually, letting go... moving forward with the currents of life while going over & under the toxins of life letting them slide over my back & off to the sides, moving into deeper & clear water.......mmmmmmm I think I will use that visualization tonight...

If you have not used a Full Moon or New Moon to journal your intentions for the month you are missing a powerful time to do so......  Please visit Marissa's site for more helpful information.. it was where I got the idea for my Full Moon ritual.....For myself, I focus on what direction I want to go into but just for the month....opening up my creative processes...letting go of unhealthy things... Focusing my thoughts on the positive...Especially with the Holiday season upon us, this is a great time to spend some quiet time writing your intentions for what you would like your holiday to be about.....Or the things you are grateful for....


Like these three little munchkins, Breanna, Violet & Ivy Karma,  who have come into our lives...

To the start of a Happy Holiday season....

6 comments:

Ashling said...

What wonderful ideas...blessings on your journey tonight!

Monica said...

aw, love the photo.

dolphin is certainly interesting!

i'm gearing up to launch my own astrology site. both nervous and totally feels right.

Linda said...

If it is anything like your blog it will be a huge success... Can't wait to see it.. :)

☮Bohemian Mamaw☮ said...

love the idea of full moon journaling. i've always been a night person, and a night sky lover, esp. grandmother moon. i already know my lifetime totems -- red-tailed hawk and cougar -- and i think i know some of my lesser totems, but they do come and go and revisit throughout one's life.

Hollie said...

I just had my first full moon reading from Marissa! I love the idea of journaling with the moon.

Linda said...

I love journaling on the full moon...my focus seems much different...I was glad Marissa gave me the idea of doing it...I hope you enjoyed her reading....I really loved mine...:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...