Nov 4, 2012

DIY Friday on Sunday!!!

So as well as indulging some political posting on Facebook this week, I got to some projects that are great for when you are inside...I have been working on the craft room that I switched over to a bigger room...a wise move because of all the extra room.....so I have been sorting out a lot of things...It is like Christmas opening up boxes & finding treasures you had forgotten about....like these carved pieces I picked up at a flea market.... I am thinking Hobbit Home Doors!!


One of the projects was this inspiration board....I got the idea from my daughter who had made one  as a bulletin board.for her kitchen years ago .....She collected a bag of the corks for me from the Italian restaurant she worked at back then so I had a big supply to use... The hubby cut out a thin piece of veneer for the backing for the 31 X 27 Oak frame my dad gave me..... armed with my glue gun I got to work....I did not have quite enough corks so I added a cork strip....



I added my first piece of inspiration ...a piece of embroidery...I did some practice stitches to refresh  this week...I am making some pieces for a Thai Bag I am making....So it will be nice to have a place to tack up my ideas & plans where I can see them...

Whether for a bulletin or inspiration board, I hope this inspires you to make one...

7 comments:

Luthien Thye said...

AWESOME board!!!!! i really like the idea and the execution of it. and HOBBIT HOUSE DOORS!!!!! COVET!!

turquoisemoon said...

Love the board!!! I'm ready for some crafting, but broken hand is still giving me problems... :(

Barbara said...

Linda, your talents seem limitless!! I love the board! And those doors? I'm with Luthien - covet! xx

Ashling said...

Those wooden doors are incredible! I'd hang them on a wall in a heartbeat. And I may have to borrow your idea for the inspiration board!

Lady of the Woods said...

oh man, I love it! such a hippie chick thing to do LOL! Love the carvings!

Linda said...

I am thinking based on everyone's comments I should put the carvings on the wall as Ashling
suggested......Stay tuned...
:)

laoi gaul~williams said...

you have inspired me! since moving into my craft room i have been sititng here everyday thinking i need a pin board for my cards from friends and bits and bobs...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...