Sep 24, 2012

Birthdays & The Autumn Equinox

Today is my son's birthday...

So I thought it would be a good time to not only wish him a Happy Birthday but celebrate the beginning of Autumn which actually started on the 22nd.......
One of my favorite times of the year....So I spent the afternoon in the woods today...just me & Mother Nature...I decided to build a Maine Mandala in honor of the equinox....


I had been wanting to make a flower mandala all summer but never got around to it.....Maybe I was suppose to wait until now...Because today felt right & it was gorgeous out...


 They say you can see the signs of winter in the Autumn season...They are right...I was amazed at what emerged from my gathering of nature items...Pine boughs & cones, acorns, & asters, maple leaves & rag weed... It reminds me of Christmas...


The nights are getting longer & colder...The pantry is filling with good things from the garden....The sunlight comes through the trees at dusk at a softer angle.....Sweatshirts & blankets are being brought out...Even the politics have been enjoyable for this Liberal Obama Supporter...
The Hubby want to rebuild the rocks on the left...I am not sure what it was...it may have once been the foundation of an out building from one of the neighboring farms...we are going to do something...I am making this a scared place...I have been reading about sacred spaces that other fellow bloggers have made,...I think I have found mine...




"Autumn is the celebration and the accumulation of the fullness of growth.  It is the season of harvest and sacrifice, the gifting and the letting go, and the knowing that it is time to face the darker months to come.  Each year there are challenges and not every flower makes it to seed. 

The fall season, with its shedding, change, and the going within, reflects what is shifting in this moment.  Astrologically the planets have aligned to facilitate the dissolving of old forms, patterns, and the release of old ways.  We are pushed to go within. As the established authority is tested and reshaped, we are brought to question what the source of our own authority is. Saturn in Scorpio on Oct. 5th calls forth our strength and courage to live from our inner truth and authenticity and will call for more transparency, integrity and accountability. We came here to wake up, to be present, real, and authentic so we can embrace the higher light. Only when we live aligned with universal truth our purpose begins to flow."

2 comments:

Gayle said...

I love your mandala Linda, what a great way to welcome the coming season.

and happy birthday to your son!!

Ashling said...

Beautiful...and how interestingto see Winter emerge in your fall creation. Awesome when we surprise ourselves!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...