Aug 16, 2012

Building Sandcastles

My Bestie Lura sent these pictures to me 
& I had to share them...Every year at Cannon Beach in Oregon they have a sandcastle competition...the sculptures are absolutely amazing...They have a total of 6 hours before the tide comes back in...All material has to be of nature...Ribbons are handed out at the end...

Remember the sandcastles we built as kids with a pail & shovel...well take a look at these...
This spider is my favorite...




















Click here to see the building of Sam's Dragon...

“What is art? Nature concentrated.”
 Honore de Balzac

5 comments:

Jema Rose said...

WOW-WOW-WOW!!!

Those are AMAZING!

Thank you for sharing!

: )

Hugs, Jenny

turquoisemoon said...

Amazing...!!! Geez...! How could a person even pick the winner???

Amanda said...

oh my goodness!! these are insane. :)

Gayle said...

So cool! Such a lot of work and thought to go into something that is here for such a short time. I love Cannon Beach although I haven't ever been there during the sand competion.

Clara Turbay said...

it´s cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...