Jul 6, 2012

DIY Friday- Recycle This & That

I am close to posting my hubby's creation for the Page Project...we have it outside now but it needs a few finishing touches then we let Mother Nature take over...so I hope to post pictures this Sunday...In the meantime these are some great recycle, re-purposing projects that I thought were nice...I love this first one with the hearts only I am thinking....Dragonflies!!! 

Bohemian "stained "glass..
a cute idea for combing mosaics 
with a vintage window

Replace a modern door with 
an old door in your home...
this one goes to a basement..

just make sure it has a metal wheel!!!




I would probably do a finish sanding 
to remove any burrs from the railings..


These would look cute on a playhouse!!
Hope this inspires you to recycle or re-purpose  something this weekend...Less things in the landfills are good for the environment...

11 comments:

turquoisemoon said...

Incredible ideas...love the wheel barrow, but the pulley lights idea is my favorite. Can't wait to see the creation!

stina said...

The wheel barrow was genius!
Dont throw anything,everything can be used.
So nice that you liked my blog,yours blog is great too.:)
Ann Kristin

Gayle said...

I love the piano!!!

Amanda said...

love them all!!!

but, I'm REALLY loving the mosaic window, wheelbarrow burning pit, and the iron fence for a wall rack. And those paint can lids and bottle caps are such a unique pop of color on a fence.

great finds!! xoxo

My Grama's Soul said...

Hi Linda....eventhough I'm not posting just wanted to stop by and see what you were up to....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that piano.

xo

Jo

Linda said...

Hi Jo!!! so glad to see you ...Hope your enjoying your break...miss seeing you so I am glad you pop in to say hi...Don't stay away too long...

XO

Barbara said...

Linda, some really terrific ideas here! The mosaic window is amazing, but you're right - dragonflies would be so magical! Love the metal wall rack idea...I've been thinking about how to best hang my (huge!) scarf collection, and this could be the ticket!
xx

☮Bohemian Mamaw☮ said...

love those paint lids and soda tops flowers! how very cute & clever! gotta pin that.

Aine said...

love the stained glass. What do you use to secure the treasures to the glass? Then just standard grout? Really enjoy your blog.

Linda said...

Hi Aine....sorry I am late answering you...I am making a small one right now...I am using clear caulking so that when I hang it in the window it will be see through...I think grout would work even better if your doing a tabletop or something similar...it would make it stronger for use..Hope that helps...:)

Ayesha Sajid said...

Amazing Decor Ideas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...