Jul 20, 2012

DIY Friday- Picture A Scorpio

I just wanted to express my heartache at the shooting in Colorado last night at the premiere of the "Dark Knight Rises"..... A night that has been anticipated by so many young fans should not have ended on such a tragic note...
My heartfelt thoughts & prayers go out to the victims & their families...

 This week project is one that is a very simple recipe...

One ornate frame that I bought many years ago at Pier One Imports...It was originally a mirror.... 

A vintage 70's Scorpio plaque I bought from my friend Babylon Sisters at her Esty store...she has some great things so check it out...I attached it in a way that I could remove it if I wanted to change it around... I also did a coat of beeswax to preserve it...


 A thin sheet of wood for backing covered with scrapbook paper that looked like old print...add some spiraled fence wire that was from my In-Law's garden along with a sprinkling of beads... 


Mix well and display!!
Have a peaceful weekend!

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Wow, Linda, another amazing creation! I'd buy that in a heartbeat. ;)

I share your pain about the Colorado tragedy...my daughter lives in Denver...it hits close to home. So very sad and horrifying.

scarlett said...

This is cool, Linda! You are an artist!

Babylon Sisters said...

Linda, your creativity always inspires me!

Linda Starr said...

Wonderful creation and I love how you made the scorpio emblem removable and used beeswax to preserve it.

Jema Rose said...

Looks really wonderful!

Yes, what happened in Aurora is really awful & sad...

Hugs, Jenny

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...