Jun 27, 2012

Wednesday Women- Kristy Mitchell

Danaus
I was going to do today's post on another woman but I decided to post this young woman's work instead after I saw them on Luthien's Pinterest board..
Kristy Mitchell did a series called 'Wonderland"  in memory of her mother, an English teacher & storyteller, who died of a brain tumor.

She channeled her grief into this work 
which took 3 years to complete....

Euphaeidae
 Some shots took over five months to complete...

Lady of the Lake
While she would wait up to a year to get 
the perfect setting in nature...

 
The Storyteller
She & artist Elbie Van Eeden spent nights & weekends at her home in England making& designing all the costumes,wigs & details...

 The Beautiful Blindness of Devotion

 The Briar Rose

The White Queen
For more on this amazing woman & 
to see more of these pictures go here...
Enjoy these magical, beautiful photographs 
of this talented woman in her tribute to her Mom!!

10 comments:

Babylon Sisters said...

Linda, thank you so much for this gorgeousness!!

Lady of the Woods said...

unbelievable....can you imagine living a life where all you do is create works of art for a photo??? I need to get my muse in gear.

turquoisemoon said...

Absolutely stunning!!! Amazing...

Jema☽⚪☾Rose said...

This is beyond beautiful!!!

Hugs, Jenny

Alicia Sotherland said...

I am in awe and humbled. What amazing work. The talent and the time and effort it took to create these photographs is nothing short of amazing. Once again Linda you have given me inspiration with your post.This artist is intent on creating a feeling, telling a story and transporting the viewer somewhere else. And I must say she is truly successful!! Something for me to remember the next time I am at my easel. Thanks again Linda!

scarlett clay said...

I'm speechless, this art is so incredibly inspired and moving. Oooh I love it so much...it reminds me of where I was headed at one time..and iIve gotten sidetracked. Thank you for sharing this, Linda. This woman's gifts have really impacted me today.

Linda said...

Glad I changed my mind about this...:) glad you all enjoyed it so much...I am still in awe about these pics...the time & energy she put into these are so inspiring...It makes me want to learn more about photography again...:)

Ann said...

I always so look forward to your blog posts, Linda. I've given you the Sunshine Award, as your posts brighten my day. Visit my blog at onceuponafirefly.blogspot.com to learn about the award.

Barbara said...

These photos leave me breathless! Thank you so much for sharing! She's a visionary.

Air Bohemia said...

Simply stunning, I have got to get back to my roots, been spending too much time on negative government BS...but the meditating is working ...sigh and thanks for the visions of an artist!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...