Jun 13, 2012

On This Day in History....

 144 years ago, 1868 my great-grandfather 
General Felipe Angeles  was born in 
Zacualtipán, Hidalgo, Mexico
He was executed in Chihuahua in 1919
for siding with Villa & the Mexican people
against a corrupt government..


One of the true and unsung heroes of the Mexican Revolution....If it had not been for my Great-Grandfather, Villa would have never won
the number of battles that he did...
(pictured below with Pancho Villa)
He was one of the foremost artillery experts
of his time.....

My hubby is in awe of him as a person
& his military expertise......
he told me he wanted to be related to him too...
I told him he was through me...:)


It is an honor to have the blood of such a Revolutionary flow through my veins...
I am proud to call him Abuelo...

Watch Felipe Angeles on PBS.  See more from pbs.

10 comments:

Lady of the Woods said...

holy mackerel! (oh please scuse the lapse into batman talk!)....
is there no end to your ''coolness''?
I see where the Bohemian prolly comes from....colorful backgrounds.

hugs.

Linda said...

LOL Thanks I have an intersting family heritage.. very proud of some of my ancestors..... ..I am going to do some genealogy posts over the next few months...:)

turquoisemoon said...

He's a hero...I wanna be related too!!! and, is this where your bohemian style comes from??? the colors???

olmpic station park said...

Excellent Working Dear Friend Nice Information Share all over the world i am really impress your work Stay Blessings On your Work...God Bless You.
olympic park bicycles 2012 london

Alicia Sotherland said...

ahhh che wa wa!!!! you must be so proud.. how cool... I would love to hear more about your ancestors!! how fun.. and to think.. the most famous ancestor I have is my great second cousin.. he staged the first walk out at Benny's five and dime in Jersey.
oh well.

laoi gaul~williams said...

how wonderful to be related to such a special person!!!
looking forwards to your posts about your ancestors :)

Anonymous said...

Eh llegado a tu pagina por casualidad,leyendo la historia de tu abuelo el Gral. Felipe Angeles me resulta curioso el hecho de saber que eres nieta de el. y no saber que paso con su descendencia cuando su esposa y el murieron.

Linda said...

Glad you found this...I plan on writing more about what happened to his wife Clara and all the children & descendants.....many of us are slowly finding each other...it really is wonderful :) Thanks for your comments..

Anonymous said...

Sientete orgullosa de que por tus venas corre sangre de este gran Mexicano, heroe de nuestra Nacion Mexicana. hacen mucha falta Mexicanos como el. Me da gusto conocerte y saber que no se ha perdido la descendencia de este gran hombre que fue tu abuelo. Gral. Felipe Angeles

Linda said...

Muchas Gracias :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...