Jun 12, 2012

Free People Vase Knock Off...

Over at Free People ...
(great blog if you haven't seen it)
They did a re-do of vases ...
I love the idea because...
I had this white vase that I love but 
was tired of the plain white 
 I had it in storage then I saw this idea
...SO....
I got out a pile of Sari scarps I had & 
started cutting,clipping,
shredding & gluing...

 
Here is the result & I love it...
I did more of a collage look 
than what Free People did with theirs...
Lots of scrap pieces...

This is the back...

 Some bling....I made some fabric beads, 
added bells & a favorite leaf  :)

A few beads, more bells...
I love those bells...

It was super easy... 
Just soak the pieces in Mod Podge & have fun....
I also used paint brushes 
& a damp rag to do some shaping...
If you have a vase that you don't like the color of...
Use some fabric for a Bohemian/ Hippie Re-Do & create something new for your space...


9 comments:

Gayle said...

Great idea Linda!

turquoisemoon said...

Very Cool! I really like that...

Lady of the Woods said...

ooooh that came out sooooo wacky gorgeous! you are sooo talented... loving it :D

My Grama's Soul said...

Linda....that redo is so great!!! I mean it.....

xo

Jo

Babylon Sisters said...

Your vase looks like something that evolved over the years - a perfect bohemian piece!

Alicia Sotherland said...

Now that is cool. Imagine all the other items around your house that you can do this too!!!! Thanks for the great idea Linda..Love the dangly stuff especially!

Bohemian said...

Oh I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this great Idea! Not only for Home, but as a way to Share some Boho Chic in my Booth for those that aren't DIY Types but want something unique and hand-made... I shall be scooping up interesting plain vases now and Exotic materials to Create some Bohemian Splendor and have Fun in the process! Your Vase is Beautiful, I'd proudly display something like that in our Home, so much more Interesting than the plain White. Thanks for dropping by for a visit, and as always, leaving encouraging kind words.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Zara said...

Hi Linda! Omg, your vase is simply a fantastic and unique artwork!!
And many thanks for you visits and likings, I was very happy to read your comments! :)
Have a beautiful day, too!
xo-zara

Linda said...

Thanks everyone <3 for all your beautiful comments..they are very much appreciated and enjoyed <3 ...Glad you felt as inspired as I was by this re-do recycle idea......:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...