Jun 30, 2012

DIY Friday -Recycled Pillow

We have been doing alot of cleaning up lately so my moss garden has been on stand still tho I did get some ferns in and am going to night to collect more......




The rain we have had has been really helpful in the moss taking to the new environment... the hubby's project is still coming along so hopefully I will have more to post next week..  

So on these hot days I  will get going on my pillows that I have put off for months...

This one is made from an old paisley scarf.. 26X26
this picture shows the actual color of it...


The back is made up of corduroy 
from a pair of pants
& a piece of velvet lace..


A very basic envelope pattern
so that it can be taken off for washing...

I love the way it came out..




Of Course Hattie did the testing
for snuggabilty!


Have a great weekend... Recycle something!

7 comments:

Jema☽⚪☾Rose said...

That pillow looks wonderful!

Have a lovely weekend.

Hugs, Jenny

Babylon Sisters said...

I LOVE the pillow and I love the idea of making things out of other things!

turquoisemoon said...

Those pillows are wonderful. Gosh! Rain? I almost forgot what that is...

Badger said...

The pillow looks wonderful! I too upcycle and recycle as much as possible. About to make Sofa Pillow inserts out of sheets today - got given a lovely free sofa and when i took the covers off the cushions found that the inner covers were rotten with mould. So feathers stored in bins (so many - gonna be fun getting them back in) and old cotton sheets to be repurposed for the inner covers. Love your site!

Linda said...

That is a great recycling idea for the sheets...I am using some old ones for the "batting" for a light weight summer quilt...they are ripped so this is a great use for them.. Good luck with those feathers...:)

Barbara said...

WOW - luscious colors! So beautiful...

Lady of the Woods said...

how artistically gorgeous! love it...and the snuggability tester! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...