Jun 8, 2012

DIY Friday- The Page Project...

Can you see it??? 

I wanted it to be hidden but 
have something catch your eye...


     This is the first home the hubby put together...The basic shape is two pieces of cord wood...Then he made the little door & windows...with glass...as well as a brass doorknob...


I added peat moss this week which will help the moss by retaining water better..
I am also adding ferns in the back...
An idea that Laoi at Solstice Dreamer suggested.....Thanks Laoi :) I found a huge crop of them down back so I plan to get a few...



The door & window have a stain with linseed oil...
I tried coffee but it just wouldn't get dark enough for what I wanted...then it was time to add moss....


I have actually been going every day to get moss & add to the garden...I don't want to destroy any big patches so I take small amounts for different areas...with all this rain it is everywhere...

 It is really starting to take shape...
 The John Cabot Rose is blooming...

This is the view from down below the garden..
in the front of the rose...

 This is underneath the rose bush... 
I am making a tiny arbor to go here 
just to lift the canes up for a walk way....

thru the rose into the moss garden...
Faeries like to walk sometimes...
especially around the garden...

 I will be adding the roof to the 
original home in the middle this week ...
Plus finding a spot for this ....

The Faeries have already moved in...
Stay tuned...

11 comments:

Lady of the Woods said...

omg....can we find another expression? I need to work on that! I'm riveted by this project! and that your hubby is working on it with you....the blue lights! they moved in??! I love it! I am tuned in.

turquoisemoon said...

OOoh Linda, this is just waay too cool!!! I love it! You guys are so creative...

Jema☽⚪☾Rose said...

Totally adorable!!!

Have a lovely weekend!

Hugs, Jenny

laoi gaul~williams said...

ohhhhh how special and beautiful! the work you are doing for the fae is just wonderful...as for the ferns you are welcome :) actually it reminded me of something i wanted to blog about!

Amanda said...

i think your hubby needs to go into the "fairy house" business!!!! seriously, I LOVE it!!

your gardens are beautiful!! I'm enjoying all the photos. :)

Linda said...

Thanks everyone...what until you see what he is building now... I couldn't believe it!!

Barbara said...

LOVE!!!

TerraMystic said...

My guys & I love this! Gorgeous!

Bohemian said...

This is positively Enchanting! Love it!!! I could just imagine walking through the woods and discovering something like this and then formulating my own imaginative Story as to who or what resides there... it sparks the Imagination.

Thanks for stopping by with encouraging words... right now is rather a tough time as The Man faces a very risky major surgery that is quite necessary but which has left us with many concerns.

Blessings from the Arizona Desert... Dawn... The Bohemian

Alicia Sotherland said...

I still can't get over how green it is there!!! this is so clever and creative!!! You two are creating a little piece of heaven..

Zara said...

WOW, sooo cute, real, little home! I am sure, faeries had already been in love with your garden, but now, as they even have a house of their own..! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...