May 9, 2012

Wednesday Women- Iana Shafir



The following garden panels 
were done by an amazing woman...
"lana Shafir has been called The Grand Dame of Contemporary Mosaics and, indeed, the only way to describe the eighty-seven year old Israeli artist and teacher is as a master of the medium.  Using her signature materials of handmade ceramic, pebbles, found objects and gold smalti, Shafir weaves fantastic stories and creates fruitful universes filled with joy, exuberance and strength." 
You can read more about her here.....




















I love her mosaic work.. she uses everything..... I want to make a mosaic piece for my garden this year...I have an idea...here are a few more I came across that I like...
to be continued....

10 comments:

Jema☽⚪☾Rose said...

Very beautiful & inspiring!

Hugs, Jenny

Ann said...

I, too, love mosaic. Thanks for sharing ilana's inspiring work and story. I wouldn't have the patience to actually create mosaic, but I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your inspirations.

Gayle said...

I love mosaic and any art form that consists of lots of tiny pieces making up a larger "whole".
What's interesting to me about Ilanas' work is that the pieces are so precise it looks like she
doesn't use grout.

Thanks so much for this post!!!
I love these interesting women posts you are doing.

Gayle said...

OOps! typo on the name.......

Linda said...

Glad you all liked this...I still am looking at her panels...she uses so many things in the work...it is mesmerizing for me.....I just love it...:)

Alicia Sotherland said...

Her work is beautiful. Thanks for sharing Linda. And I love all the other ones as well.

barefoot mama said...

Simply beautiful! LOVE the last one...so inspiring! ~ Barefoot Mama

☮Bohemian Mamaw☮ said...

I really love mosaics, too! I'm going to save this post and very soon - hopefully tomorrow - I'm going to spotlight your post, as well as include some pics and links I have, so keep your eyes open! :)

Ashling said...

Oooooo....eye candy!!! Tied to my messy, paper-filled office this week, so seeing such beauty is like a crisp cool drink on a hot day. Thank you!

☮Bohemian Mamaw☮ said...

Just wanted to let you know I did the post I mentioned previously in these comments. Happy Hunting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...