May 27, 2012

The Magic of Moss


The Hubby & I like to garden with as many natural elements as possible...One thing I have been looking into more is moss...they are a plant that gets it nutrients from the air as they have no roots...

 All they require is a firm bed, acidic soil and moisture, making it perfect for the places that are in the shade & under trees...

 I love how it softens the look of stones and bricks...Isn't this Peace sign cool.....


The texture is great & covers areas 
that plants may not grow well in....


 I can think of a few people who would like this!

It enhances the beauty of stone ...

        It gives things a magical, woodland look....



Here is a tutorial in which you can 
I  came across this blog that has lots of good information...I have alot of moss around my home so I will be using some of the advice I have read & begin moving some into the Fairy Garden...the weather conditions in Maine lately seem to be perfect for starting some moss gardens...lots of rain...

I am also starting some pots so
I will post the results later on the pots
 & the gardens...So fingers crossed

Have a great Sunday!


Unless otherwise noted pictures can be found on pinterest.com

7 comments:

Lady of the Woods said...

Moss is one of my most favorite loves! I just this morning changed out the Chinese umbrellas I had keeping it in shade since the season changed and the sun shines more on the area I had my moss forest garden (bed lol). I'm inspired now! thanks for this...tomorrow I will play and make some moss creations!

Jema☽⚪☾Rose said...

Moss really looks beautiful!

Hugs, Jenny

Air Bohemia said...

Yup, luvin the skull...gonna work on my yard peace sign tomorrow. It's been so dry here, moss is outta the scenario for me...but playing in the yard is one thing that takes me away from the chaos that is our prison planet now...it's crazy out there these days, I'm very concerned...in the meantime, NAMASTE friend!

☮Bohemian Mamaw☮ said...

I love moss, too, but right now, I'm mossless. I'd have to create the environment for it to get some. You might be interested in this link for moss graffiti: http://craftingagreenworld.com/2010/09/22/all-natural-graffiti-made-from-moss/

Gayle said...

These pictures are beautiful. Living in the Pacific Northwest I don't have much choice, so I embraced moss a long time ago. But I admit it's still a love/hate
telationship. You are so talented I am sure you will made even moss look good!!

the wild magnolia said...

This was an oh so fun post. excellent source information. since we are on the road now, i garden vicariously through my blog friends.

Hope this is a wonderful day for you.

Thank you, for sharing.

Linda said...

Loved all the comments & thanks for the links...I have just started reading about moss and cannot believe how interesting it is...But then all things of Nature are ...
A great escape form society I agree, Air!!
:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...