May 28, 2012

Happy Birthday to John Fogerty..


 Who turns 68 today.... 
Still going strong on tour this year...


My favorite song by him when he was with CCR is "Fortunate Son"
which talked about the factors that determined whether you went to Vietnam or not...
I think it is appropriate that Memorial Day 
coincides his birthday this year
 as well as the 50th anniversary of the Vietnam War....Who are we are willing to sacrifice 
for any war.....John will tell you...

It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no millionaire's son, no,
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one, no
Yeah, some folks inherit star spangled eyes
Ooh, they send you down to war, Lord
And when you ask them, "How much should we give?"
Oh, they only answer, more, more, more, yoh
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no military son
It ain't me, it ain't me
I ain't no fortunate one






4 comments:

the wild magnolia said...

I am so thankful for my country and the many soldiers who died. It would have been better if there had come a meeting of the minds.

Perfect song too.

Linda said...

I have nothing but respect for our troops... but I see too many Vets that suffer from the effects of war...if the leaders of this country are going to send our people into war...then it is across the board...no exceptions based on financial privilege......I will bet you would see a different approach before we went to war if that was the case...A VERY different approach!!

turquoisemoon said...

Preachin to the choir!!! But then, it's never said enough... Thanks!

scarlett clay said...

I love Fortunate Son,too, I have it on the Forest Gump soundtrack!

Hope you've had a Happy Memorial Day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...